Head gasket @ 700km!

_ZeF

Donating Member
Registered
My '05 Busa has now near 2000km on it, but when i replaced the stock pipes for a Yoshimura full Duplex race system at around 700km, i noticed the RH side panel had some kind of oily dust aft of the vent holes in the bottom of it.

Now when replacing the exhaust system, i noticed it was the head gasket sweating, forward RH corner. Brought the bike for its first inspection at 1000km and the dealer agreed that the gasket has to be changed.

I am now waiting for the necessary parts to arrive and get the job done, under warranty of course. But i find it a bit surprinsing at this low mileage, probably a manufacturer's defect in the gasket!

Anybody has seen this before??

Bummer, what's the maufacturing date of your Busa? I will keep an eye on mine.

this is why you have a warranty from the factory for the first year.
nothing is perfect. i have even seen the factory forget to install rings on a piston.

Manufacturing date is 09/2004... I'm glad it happened right at the beginning and not right after expiry of the warranty!

Makes me think about getting an extended warranty though too bad Suzuki wont let me perform my own repairs.

Head gasket out in 700km...
wow.gif

I think suzuki owes you an explanation!!

Well the job has finally been done. My dealership didnt argue at all and ordered a gasket kit. Had my appointment last week and got the bike back after 2 days, all charged on warranty.

Conclusion... The technician saw nothing unusual so we all guess that the head was not torqued properly at initial assembly. Very unusual problem. Anyway there is no more leakage with the new gaskets in place, so hopefully all this is history now!

Anyway now the bike is riding better than ever
devil.gif

<!--EDIT|_ZeF
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115610593 -->

Well the job has finally been done. My dealership didnt argue at all and ordered a gasket kit. Had my appointment last week and got the bike back after 2 days, all charged on warranty.

Conclusion... The technician saw nothing unusual so we all guess that the head was not torqued properly at initial assembly. Very unusual problem. Anyway there is no more leakage with the new gaskets in place, so hopefully all this is history now!

Anyway now the bike is riding better than ever  
devil.gif
Glad it worked out right!!

biggrin.gif

Back