Hdmi Troubles

Josh Pazos

Registered
So, I used to connect my craptop (an Asus G74SX) to my Tv via HDMI so I could have two screen displays. However, I have not done so in some time, maybe a year or longer. Today I try to do it and it would not work for me. I used to plug it in and it would detect the tv right away and instantly I would have two screens. Well after some F words and fighting with the control panel, I finally got it to detect the tv but I have no picture or sound. I've tried playing with the resolution and fiddling with all sorts of settings and I've finally thought about the driver. I went into system maintenance, found the GPU driver and searched for an update. After the system searching for an update for 3 hours and coming up with nothing I thought it might be worth rebooting and trying again; hours later still nothing. So I went to Nvidia's website to search for a driver update and I found some that are available, however I'm not sure which one I need or even is the the route I should go. Any ideas, thoughts, any input whatsoever would be much appreciated. And feel free to call me a moron if it's something super simple and I over complicated it, I'm good at that sort of thing.

Also, might be worth noting that I'm running 64 bit windows 7

Thank you so much!

Are you sure the cable is good? Just trying to think of the easy things. Right hdmi input on the TV?

Back