Haya's in the Hills 2009

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
im starting this thread to hammer out the details before the summer ends to nail a date and area to meet at. so throw some imput as to a weekend that sounds good and a area of the state that isnt too far for anyone to ride to and spend a day rideing. :cheerleader:

Re: central/west Pa MEET AND GREET RIDE!!

how is aug 8th sound as date to throw out that gives us week and change to plan..

Hey bro, Aug. 8th may be tough for me.. im thinking I work that sat. and sun. I will double check.

However, I would like to suggest somewhere around Williamsport for a meet, as we are pretty much DEAD center in pa. I dont mind traveling though either as thats half the fun.This is a great idea and Im glad you started the gears turning chris!

williamsport according to map quest is about 3 hour and half from me..add another 45 for red. so i guess it all depends who all is going to come and where they live so we can make it center for all who can show up

Last edited:

so worst case we all ride an hour and a half or so. works for me!

grand canyon area was about that distance but again we need to see who all wants to come and what day

i live near elmira NY...if all works out i will be there..:thumbsup:

heres a pic of me and my ride,all stock...2004...never posted one here of me and my ride so here it is
meandbusa.jpg

Last edited:

:welcome: and we would sure love to have ya

so lets say we do the grand canyon area...anyone with ideas for meet point and proposed route mabey some stops...for tourism

I live in south central PA....

Williamsport is about center east to west....but really north

If you want to meet up somewhere a bit closer to Harrisburg....I can meet during the week

why didn't this get suggested 4 weeks ago when I was on vacation? ?????????

That's okay...I can take a hint.:banghead:

based on what im looking up its in tioga county about 3 hrs and change from you and you would go through williamsport to get there.. so mabey we should look more south to make it fair. im up for suggestions

I live in south central PA....

Williamsport is about center east to west....but really north

If you want to meet up somewhere a bit closer to Harrisburg....I can meet during the week

why didn't this get suggested 4 weeks ago when I was on vacation? ?????????

That's okay...I can take a hint.:banghead:

as long as i am continued off.. i can always make a run to gettysburg. but never done that long of a ride before. but been wanting to go back there just to visit. but with the distance i would probably have to spend the night and grab a hotel

Last edited:

I ride route 120 from St. Marys down through Emporium to Sinamahoning, up wykauff (sp) run to quehanna, back down wykoff (favorite piece :laugh:) back to driftwood hit 555 to penfield. My 1/2 day vacation escape ride (I live in Penfield and work in S. Marys Nice. Sometimes seldom see a car, "room to breathe" out there - wykauff is 10 miles of tight twist w 35mph speed limit, all smooth roads. Quehanna highway was an airport in ww2 I think :whistle: I'd like to meet you gyys but I'm hard to pin down. Lots of vacation left...

I'm 90 minutes north of williamsport, and about an hour north of the grand canyon. If I can, I'd love to meet up with you guys.

Oh and coming down through Grand Canyon to Loch Haven , on to Hyner View, to Renovo, hook up 120 back to St. Marys.... Sweet, I love the Mountains and roadways of Central Pa. I do I do,,,, there is a real nice twisty bit from route 6 south into that Loch haven Renovo road that is flat nice as well. :thumbsup: Pa. grand canyon south through the gorge =Beautiful Waterfall on Wykauff :inlove: Just dont want a bunch of squids messing anything up around here.

well it seems to be the rt6 area and down that seems to be fitting most so far as a 1.5 hr ride to meet. so lets pick a weekend.. i suggested the 8th but rashad said no go so weekend after that like aug 16th

Back