Hayabusa vs. gsx-r1000

thinhvo

Registered
Well something happen today that was actually shocking! Well, as some of you already know, I'm in the market for a Busa or Gixxer1000. I went to test ride the bikes today and something surprised me. The Busa was easier to control than the gixxer1000. The throttle response of the gixxer was more touchy than the Busa. I'm not sure if it's a factory defect and I can't confirm this because they only have gixxer1000 on the lot. Has anyone test ride both bikes yet? What's your input (ease of control) of these bikes?

On another note, why is the gixxer1000 only about a hundred less than the Busa? What makes the gixxer1000 a good bike that cost about the same as the legendary Hayabusa?

Horsepower and TORQUE are very different things.A 1k and a busa might have similar horsepower but the busa has a lot more torque.Personally the top speed thing isnt worth much.How often will u do it anyway? But for regular riding a busa is a lot more comfortable than any of the straight up sportbikes out there.If you plan on going to the track a lot dont waste your time with the busa.But if cruising and commuting is something you will do regularly then you might want to consider it. They are completely different animals.Also contrary to popular belief the majority of hayabusa owners arent kids.As you can see on hayabusa.org that bike is usually preferred by the 40+ crowd.Whereas the kids and squids tend to go for the literbikes.

That's the dilemma for me; "just for another hundred, I can get the Busa" then again, I'm considered as a kid (22 yr) and a Busa wouldn't be appropriate, after all, I'm coming from a 750cc for just about a year and most of you guys here are riding Busas with 10 year plus experience so should I save my hundred and get the gixxer1000? However, I'm still trying to figure out:

1. Is the gixxer1000 more "touchy" than the Busa or was it that one bike that I test rode?

2. What makes a gixxer1000 a good bike that cost practically the same as the hayabusa?

Thanks again in advance for all your responses!

I own them both and they are two completely different bikes. umairhashmi is correct. If you just want to cruise and enjoy the ride and comfort of a big bike, the busa is hard to beat. However, if you like fun and excitement then take a close look at the gixxer. I enjoy my busa but the fun factor of the gixxer is much higher. I ride my gixxer every day and dearly love play time but if I'm going on a trip, out comes the heavy weight. She is comfy and cruises all day at tripple digit numbers without working up a sweat. Both are blazing fast but you are correct, the gixxer is a bit more squirrelly and will bite you much quicker than the gentle giant.

Well we can make the choice a bit more simple for you.Regular commuting and long trips in a comfortable way = Busa.Killing the competition on the race track = any new liter bike.To be honest with you they are completely different bikes,The busa is a sport TOURING bike and the Gsxr is a track ready sportbike.You arent being fair (to either one) comparing them head to head.What do you plan on doing with this bike? Commuting and putting in a lot of miles or track and twisty use? As far as "Appropriate" goes you are much safer on the busa.Its long wheelbase makes it harder to loop than any literbike accidentally

<!--EDIT|umairhashmi
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151216224 -->

Thanks for the quick response you guys ... I really appreciate you guys for helping me out, I have emailed a lot of dealers and none of them replied!

As for the bike, I'm just looking for something to cruise and commute in occassionally. Probably pop a few wheelies but other than that, nothing too extreme. I need something civilized but when necessary, can accelerate out of ANYTHING.

I'm about 5'10 - 5'11 (with shoes) weighing about 210-220 lbs. I'm pretty atheletic. Is my body type well suited for the Busa?

Lol a lot of questions good ones too, I am 20 and have a hayabusa, have had it for about 2 months, and LOVE it, it will set you apart from the crowd, there are guys ranging from 150-350 lbs and they all ride comfortably, i am 6'4" 200 and it fits like a glove, you should have NO problem with body type, it will be a little more gentle on you than the litre bike, but above 6k rpm you will find out what the busa is made of...DAYMN!!! enjoy whichever bike you get..!! be safe.

<!--EDIT|Deaglemaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151218953 -->

The RWHP #'s of the Busa and K5/K6 are exactly at 155 rwhp. But the busa has at least 20 more ft/lbs torque. The reason for the K6 being so touchy is it's 100 lbs lighter and has the same hp and the center of gravity is higher too so you'll feel the front wheel want to wheelie.

But...if you plan on doing track, as one guy here said, screw the Busa and get the Gixx. Cruisin and spirtied touring=Busa all the way.

I love my Busa for track days but if I would've known that I'd get soooooo addicted to track days and possibly get into racing next year, I would've just bought either the 750 or K5.

You will find that all the new liter bikes are much more "touchy" than the Busa. The Busa gives me an almost false feeling of safety, even when i am at WOT the bike doesn't feel like it is accelerating as quickly as it is. I test drove the ZX12, GSXR1k and the Busa and if you had asked me which bike felt fastest the Busa would have been last. It might be the weight or the power delivery but the Busa is the most streetable high HP bike i have been on. Even modified the bike still has a such a smooth roll on power delivery that i will sometimes look down at the speedo and not even realize that i am going 150 or so. The Hayabusa is more stable at high speeds and it doesn't beat you up on long rides like the smaller liter bikes do. IMO unless you intend to tear up the twisties the Busa is the way to go, it is still nimble in the corners but you can feel the extra weight when you enter a corner a little too fast. Good luck and be safe.

+1 Well said Sully

Add to that, the Very Linear Power curve of the Busa. It slowly adds power as you slowly roll on the throttle. The Gixx just feels like it's on power ALL tHE TIME.

Well something happen today that was actually shocking! Well, as some of you already know, I'm in the market for a Busa or Gixxer1000. I went to test ride the bikes today and something surprised me. The Busa was easier to control than the gixxer1000. The throttle response of the gixxer was more touchy than the Busa. I'm not sure if it's a factory defect and I can't confirm this because they only have gixxer1000 on the lot. Has anyone test ride both bikes yet? What's your input (ease of control) of these bikes?

On another note, why is the gixxer1000 only about a hundred less than the Busa? What makes the gixxer1000 a good bike that cost about the same as the legendary Hayabusa?
The gixxer is a stunt/race bike... and it weighs about 100lbs less than the Busa... so take that into consideration! 1000cc crotch rocket that weighs less than 400lbs will shoot your shid into the next life if you're not careful....

But, hey... the Busa still beats it! mwuahahahahaha!!!!! The pleasure of owning one is also knowing it's the top dog.....

Very WELL said you guys. The way you guys describe the hayabusa is very similar to my riding preferences. I'm not into stunt but rolling on a few rice rockets will make you want to wheelie on them and put them in their place.

I don't plan on learning any new stunts in this lifetime. I just want to cruise and have fun. According to Sully, "Even modified the bike still has a such a smooth roll on power delivery that i will sometimes look down at the speedo and not even realize that i am going 150 or so." This is the exact ride preference I was looking for; stability and smoothness at high speed.

Any additional information from any members on this forum will be highly appreciated because I want to make the right decision.

You gotta remember that most of us own the 'busa so we might be a bit biased. Of course we love it! As far as fitting and comfort on the bike, I'm 6'5", 200# and find it VERY comfortable for both short & long trips. 300 mile days are nothing!!

It is easier to get yourself killed on a GSXR-1000 than a Hayabusa.

Also - my insurance agent quoted me higher premiums for the GSXR-1000 than the Hayabusa...I was like
rock.gif

CBR-1000RR had the highest insurance of them all...???

What i want to know is where did you guys get to test ride these bikes
rock.gif
Dealers here won't let you EVER. Which is a good thing cause all these 18 year old wanting to pull the front wheel up. But even me in my mid 30's, licensed who has taken a msf course.........they wouldn't let me do it. So i guess i was shocked to hear about the test rides.

Your decision should be based on how are you going to ride the bike MOST of the time ! I wouldn't even attempt to ride my Duc 998 cross country doing 600 to 800 mile days. But with the Busa, NO PROBLEM
cool.gif

What i want to know is where did you guys get to test ride these bikes
rock.gif
Dealers here won't let you EVER. Which is a good thing cause all these 18 year old wanting to pull the front wheel up. But even me in my mid 30's, licensed who has taken a msf course.........they wouldn't let me do it. So i guess i was shocked to hear about the test rides.
Some dealers allow test rides if you have:

* Motorcycle Insurance
* License
* Deposit
* Sign a disclaimer

Back