Hayabusa vs bmw S1000RR youtube vid

That was one of the lamest videos I have ever seen. Can anyone even tell what bikes those were?:moon:

BTW, the BMW is not a competitor to the Busa....it competes against the GSXR1000 in the superbike wars. Lame.

Its all good with all due respect that bike should outperform the busa as it has a heavier price tag. Iam not really worried though I doubt if I see one around my neck of the woods. :laugh:

Everyone makes great points in the posts, but you are missing out on a couple of things. For one, you cannot compare the BMW to the Busa. One is a track bike and the other is more of a sport-touring/hyper bike. The BMW is built for the twisties and the Busa is built for the straight line.

They don't look the same, they don't weigh the same, they don't share the same geometry. No comparison.

Ride the BMW on a 750 mile trip and then ride the Busa, I bet your ass hurts terribly on the BMW after the day is over.

Now take the Busa to the road course and then the BMW, no comparison.

My Buell 1125R is a torque monster and one of the most fun bikes to ride in the short run. It would blister the Busa on a road course or the twisties. However, the Busa is more my style bike and I like riding it much more.

They are just worldly different machines and they were meant to be.

On another topic, why does the Busa need 200hp if they didn't achieve that in 2008? The bikes are governed as it is due to regulations. Do you think they are going to keep letting manufacturers ship bikes to the USA or any country with that much power? You are damn lucky to be riding what you have as it is. If you want a track bike, make one.

Even as a fellow busa owner I've got to say I'm impressed and happy it laid down such an ownage. I think everybody is being stubborn just because this is a busa board....that BMW is way lighter and puts out a ton of usable power and has tons of technology....it looks like its going to rip you a new one given equal rider weight and skill. This gives people a reason to improve the performance of their busa whether by weight reduction, big bore, turbo ect. Its not such a bad thing to have a bike like this in the market because once it proves what it can do it will make the other manufactures improve on their products. Do all of you really think the busa would reign or dominate anything on 2 wheels for ever???? Just admit it that you are going to have a stout busa to run with one of those things if it truly performs like the video shows. Now before anybody starts blabbin about "you can't compare the two....its not fair...our bikes aren't track bikes cry cry cry" we are talking about straight out haulin ass as the video indicates...which is what 99% of busas are used for

Last edited:
All depends on the rider, BMW looks good, but I'll keep my Busa.:thumbsup:

Amen to that bro! :thumbsup:

As far as the ZX-14 being faster.... that argument has been laid to rest long ago

no matter what - it's ALL ABOUT THE RIDER - peace

08_apr_shoot_busa_zx14_15.jpg

Last edited:
and i'm glad there's guys out there with special motorcycle riding sneakers to test ride/review all that expensive eurotrash and ain't it ironic?...he needs a screwdriver to let down his tailgate to test ride his new beemer?...then almost drops it off the ramp? :laugh:

there's a real special lad right there. :whistle:

Not sure if the tailgate is messed up or if its like that on purpose.. We have a serious problem down here with people stealing the tailgate off trucks. Once you fold them down snip...snip.. on the cables an the tailgate walks away..

This is the $16480 top of the line s1000rr specs from a reliable source and is what I have expected. You guys need to look through the marketing hype. I am sure it is a good literbike but as tested it was about a match for the cbr1000rr as the s1000rr has a weak midrange. Bottom line is it is no more a busa killer than any other literbike.

2010_Literbikes_Dyno-HP.jpg

2010_Literbikes_Dyno-Torque.jpg

Last edited:
When the Bimeer has done as much for the sport as the Hayabusa has, customizing and hype for over 10 years, drag racing icon, sport touring, land speed record holder, cruiser, fastest bike in the world record holder....and on and on and on......THEN come talk to me. Nothing has done for motorcycling what the Busa has done. Nothing....period.

Truth hurts...

- Speed test: S1000RR v RSV4 v Hayabusa v ZZ-R1400[/url]

0-60mph
Suzi 2.89
Kaw 2.94
BMW 3.09
Apr 3.21

1/4
Suzi 10.14
Kaw 10.17
BMW 10.51
Apr 10.78

0-150mph
BMW 10.59
Suzi 11.06
Kaw 11.53
Apr 13.08

Top Speed
BMW 187
Kaw 184
Suzi 184
Apr 175

Roll on 40-120 4th gear
BMW 7.59
Suzi 7.93
Kaw 8.09
Apr 9.03

Roll on 40-120 6th gear
BMW 10.62
Suzi 11.06
Kaw 12.39
Apr 12.61

Braking 70-0
BMW 49.67
Apr 50.2
Suzi 50.85
Kaw 52.05

Last edited by a moderator:
The poor gen2 busa was only out for a few months before the zx10 was kicking it and every other bikes ass in the 0-180mph department. Now the BMW's doing the same thing. Suzuki really should have sent the gen2 busa out with more hp.....like they did the original :bowdown:

Trust me, if history is any indication, Suzuki will come out with a balls-to-the-wall 1000cc machine in 2012, something so fast, so over the top, so friggin' "right" that all of this will be a moot point. And at the same time they will bring out a 1.5 liter Busa that will stomp the 1000cc...

You can bank on it.

A friend of mine always talks smack when he beats me. He has an '09 CBR 1000rr and I ride an '06 Hayabusa LE. We both put out the same power, but he is almost 200 lbs lighter them me and his bike is another 200 lbs lighter. I just always tell him if I was a lot lighter and put out a little more power he wouldn't even stand a chance. That usually gets him to shut up.

Tell him if it's all about the bike "let's switch for a couple runs" ?

Real World Stuff
So , a friend just got a S1000rr , I'm running about 174 RWHP, and 3up on rr sprocket .

Let me just say he was chasing me all day sunday ( NOTICE ; how i said chasing ME not the other way around :laugh: )

:rofl:

I can't help but laugh at these tests especially when they are shifting the BUSA early. The gear based roll ons are a joke and the top speed is restricted. BMW knew what was in the deck before the cards were played, they just selected the right cards... :laugh:

As much as I love the BMW, someone better run 200mph+ at the next MILE event with one... :poke:

The poor gen2 busa was only out for a few months before the zx10 was kicking it and every other bikes ass in the 0-180mph department. Now the BMW's doing the same thing. Suzuki really should have sent the gen2 busa out with more hp.....like they did the original :bowdown:

:rofl:

You don't find it odd that not a single magazine, test, shootout, etc.... ANYTHING has ever come anywhere close to the numbers that ONE ZX10 ran....?

- Brock's Performance: BMW S 1000 RR runs 8.48 @ 158 MPH in 1/4 mile[/url]

Stock engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are two different bikes. A *stock* 'Busa runs 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. The S1Krr 2.9. But the S1Krr does 0-150 faster, by a few tenths. While the S1Krr has a higher top-end, the 'Busa is limited - so that cannot be compared. On the other hand, the S1Krr will beat the 'Busa in the middle, and eat the it in the twisties. The 'Busa is a sport touring bike. Longer trips on a 'Busa can be fun. On a S1Krr, not so much. The S1Krr is meant for the track. My two pennies have now been spent.

I wonder if any of you experts have actually ridden the S1000RR?

:laugh:

I have, and it leaves the Busa far behind in raw acceleration. It is simply a matter of physics. More HP + 40 kg less weight = more grunt.

The quickshifter is fantastic. The electronic engine management system is cutting edge.

The BMW performs better. Get over it.

:moon:

Will I be selling my Bus?

Nope.

Back