Hayabusa vs bmw S1000RR youtube vid

and i'm glad there's guys out there with special motorcycle riding sneakers to test ride/review all that expensive eurotrash and ain't it ironic?...he needs a screwdriver to let down his tailgate to test ride his new beemer?...then almost drops it off the ramp? :laugh:

there's a real special lad right there. :whistle:

??? that wasn't a busa in the vid :laugh:

The one thing I can't understand about the BMW is some of the styling. What's up with the two different shape/size head lights and the vents in the side fairings are different on each side. There may be some functional reasoning behind these things but to the eye it just seems a bit off, in my opinion.

??? that wasn't a busa in the vid :laugh:

The one thing I can't understand about the BMW is some of the styling. What's up with the two different shape/size head lights and the vents in the side fairings are different on each side. There may be some functional reasoning behind these things but to the eye it just seems a bit off, in my opinion.

BMW is just weird when it comes to styling. I saw the bike in person and I think it looks great if a little different. BMW has had a spotty quality history so we will see how this bike holds up. Valve adjustments are needed at 12,500 miles which isn't bad.

Here is a dyno chart that I believe is the 2009 Japanese liter bikes v. the 2010 BMW S1000RR. I got it from a post on another forum but I think it was created by MCN. If you bought your Hayabusa for the peak power to weight ratio then this bike may temp you to switch. I need more of an all around bike and the Hayabusa has proven to be bullet proof over the years. More interesting is going to be how the Japanese respond especially to the electronics for those who want that. I'm sure they can match it but it all comes at a price. Overall it is good that BMW is shaking things up. It reminds me of when Suzuki brought out the 2001 GSX-R1000.

LiterBikeDynoComps.jpg

Last edited:
Well that's a big slap to the face of every other liter bike in existance. Props to BMW for stepping it up.

I like the styling, too.

I cant really tell in the video who is what or what is what! But the stunt video was pretty cool of the BMW! I saw it in person and its weird looking to me. Now jump in the seat and it feels like an 06 cbr 1000... I am glad to see BMW jump in the game the Japanese! It will for sure stir things up! I got an 09 gsxr 1k... and so what if it isnt stronger like the s1000rr. I bought this due to price as well as how it fit me! The other part of the equation is the rider! I have been schooled by others with lesser bikes and more talent!

(BLUF) Bottom Line Up Front. The hayabusa is and will be the fastest pound for pound production motorcycle ever built, until otherwise proven. Here are a couple of points to prove that point.

1. The BMW is almost, if not more than 200 lbs lighter than the BUSA. Which makes it quicker off the line.
- If you want to just go by observation; the Busa (if indeed it was behind) was on the verge of passing the BMW anyway in the stretch.

2.The BMW will more likely wind out faster than the BUSA, which will give the BUSA more power on the top end with still more gears to go:laugh:

3. Finally! I dont care what anyone says, the Busa is a bike that was ahead of its time, and all other bikes followed the lead of it. So with that the Busa will always be the motorcycle measuring stick.:muscle:

Yeah so the guy in the stunt video can ride, I have to say even if I could do that I would have a hard time doing it on a $20,000 machine!!!!

As far as the race video, with all the stats on the BMW it really should beat us. . . bad, but really who cares??? Take that little beemer on a 4,000 mile long weekend trip and see how the rider feels I am sure he will have a sore :moon: and be begging to ride the real beast when it comes to the Hyper bikes :laugh::laugh:

Anyways, I really don't know anyone who is running out to buy one. It may be faster but in reality people who are after speed will never stop especially if their bike is stock, and from the opinion of someone NOT after speed the Busa seems to have a better starting ground and since it doesn't have a BMW symbol on it when your finished building your wallet will probably still have a little left over. It is a nice bike though :beerchug:

Whenever comparisons are made with bikes or cars like this everything cannot be equal, both of these bikes were made to do different things very well. Comparing a 1000rr to a 1300gsxr in a quick sprint is fun for the bmw guys to get a punch in against the mighty busa. You may have won a battle but not the war.

:moon:

Back