Hayabusa tps

bhotrod3

Registered
Hey,i`m new to this forum,i have a 2003 busa,at low speed it back fires,shut of and on,but runs great at higher rpm,i`ve checked and cleaned all connections,and put it in dealer mode and checked the tps setting and it seems to be ok,anybody have any idea`s,thanks

Not sure about the back fire, what is the idle set at? Welcome to the oRg. :welcome:

Thanks for the responce,my bike it stock with slipon d&d`s,i had k-n filter in but took it out after i started having problems with the miss fire and back firing at low speeds,every post i`ve read makes me think it`s the tps,but i`ve also heard it could be the iap sensor or dirty injectors,the bike only has 16000 miles on it,so i`m kinda stumped and i dont really want to drop $100-200 bucks a pop for sensors is there anybody on this site that offers agood deal on sensors....thanks

if you think it is dirty injectors - call MPS. They clean the injectors and give pictures/video of before and after. for sensors - hate to say it but check ebay. someone is always parting out a bike there.

My bike idles fine,right at 1150rpm,tps is set right,no code lights,no vacuum line leaks,no bad coils,checked the fuel filter,,bike hasnt been tuned to the slipons but that should`nt be a problem,pulling what hair i have left out,i`m stumped

I put aftermarket cans on my 06 and it had an erratic idle and backfired alot more than normally should. So I bought a ECU that was flashed to my bike being stock with these cans on it from GSXRtune.com and man.. what a huge difference in performance.. This thing runs like its on steroids now.. I did have to adjust the idle up some..but am very happy with it.. :thumbsup:
GSXRTUNE.COM
Los Angeles, Ca
562-314-6284

Turns out i got a bad set of new spark plugs,but sometimes it would run good and other time like crap,thats why i thought it was a sensor,strangest thing i`ve ever had happen,but shes fixed now yea! hah!

Back