Hayabusa starter turns but doesn't crank bike

Get the fuel system completely serviced and get new injectors and fuel pump.

Hopefully the inside of the tank isn't rusted out...

You could take all the plugs out and spray a little engine storage spray in each hole-leave the plugs out when you turn it over-you could even do this by taking the engine case cover off and use a wrench. This will ensure there is some lubricant on the cylinder walls and rings...
Most definitely will be doing that in a few months, sadly I am tight on cash right now, All I have is my wits to help me. And believe it or not the tank is actually pretty decent, I will clean it out prior to anything. And thank you for the tip! all I gotta do is turn the crankshaft clockwise correct?

Most definitely will be doing that in a few months, sadly I am tight on cash right now, All I have is my wits to help me. And believe it or not the tank is actually pretty decent, I will clean it out prior to anything. And thank you for the tip! all I gotta do is turn the crankshaft clockwise correct?
Yep, it might not need it.....if you don't do this, you can also crank the bike in short bursts until the oil light goes out....I do this on the first start up in the spring..

Yep, it might not need it.....if you don't do this, you can also crank the bike in short bursts until the oil light goes out....I do this on the first start up in the spring..
I see, I was insinuating manual cranking since the bike has been sitting for a while but to be fair I did add fogging (storage oil) a week ago prior, so something good may come out of that, how do I crank the bike? I keep the tank off and take the plugs out and fire it up? The new battery will be coming today as well!

I see, I was insinuating manual cranking since the bike has been sitting for a while but to be fair I did add fogging (storage oil) a week ago prior, so something good may come out of that, how do I crank the bike? I keep the tank off and take the plugs out and fire it up? The new battery will be coming today as well!
You can do that....it will save the plugs from being fouled.

Sadly motorcycling is an expensive sport and bringing a neglected bike back from the brink only adds to this expense. Judging by all the gunk you showed us it will never run right until the injectors and pump are either properly cleaned or replaced.

You can do that....it will save the plugs from being fouled.

Sadly motorcycling is an expensive sport and bringing a neglected bike back from the brink only adds to this expense. Judging by all the gunk you showed us it will never run right until the injectors and pump are either properly cleaned or replaced.
How can I go about cleaning the injectors? I just got to make with what I have temporarily and will replace them in a few months!

How can I go about cleaning the injectors? I just got to make with what I have temporarily and will replace them in a few months!
There are many, many threads on this subject... will attach one. Use the "search" feature and type in "cleaning injectors"

There are many, many threads on this subject... will attach one. Use the "search" feature and type in "cleaning injectors"

Well a little update, I tried to crank the bike with the new battery I purchased (had to fill the acid up myself and I got a bit impatient), the battery reached 80% on the trickle charger and I rushed to my Hayabusa and tried to crank it over at least, I got a whole lotta nothin :(. Now I am recharging the battery until it hits 100%, what to do from here on? I still want to manually crank the bike by hand to give it some form of movement...

I take that back (my reply to you earlier), I think I may have this mystery solved...

Gentlemen! I have finally switched out the starter clutch and she cranks but doesn't fire . I took out 1 spark plug with the ignition coil on it and it didn't have a spark, what may be the problem now? Haha

Check for fault codes.

Sadly I actually have to purchase a new cluster . For the meanwhile little story time for you... when I originally purchased my Hayabusa, It was missing a few things, the airbox, the speed sensor and one thing I completely didn't realize that Suzuki put right underneath ones ass (under the seat) the freaking TIP OVER SENSOR!! I was wondering what the mystery plug that had no corresponding connection next to the negative terminal was (Grey in color), after some research It became clear that I didn't have the last thing I needed this bike to run... a Tip over sensor, I purchased one last night. My question to you amazing folks is that, does not having a tip over sensor on the hayabusa, not give the coils or injectors any form of electricity? I just want to make sure my doubts in regards to the tip over sensor are correct, In my service manual, I also read this...
Number 5 clearly says tip over sensor, I would try to fire my bike up but all I had was a crank and no electricity in my ignition coils, someone care to chime in? I just want to be correct haha!

AFD51DDF-4132-43BB-836A-1EE5075A4B21.jpeg

Back