Hayabusa paddock side lift finally available

Where do you make the adjustments to lift the front end?

"The top all thread connected to the long lever controls the height of the stand and you adjust it if the stand lock does not click into place when the bike is lifted,

The all thread at the back of the stand connecting to the pin Plate is the one I am referring to, As you adjust it the tilt will follow, Sometimes it is a matter of experimenting and on some Suzuki models I have seen setting the angles for the pin kit and stand and then having a friend lift the front wheel up with the bike on the stand to take some pressure from all thread and turning it a little at a time and testing for height as you go to bring the front wheel up more"

How do you line up the holes to get the bike on the stand if the plate is tilted so that the front tire is up higher after it's on the stand? Since the pins go into fixed holes on the bike, if you tilt the pins on the stand, they won't line up with the holes that they are supposed to mate with on the bike. Unless you pull your tire up on to a 2x4 or something every time you plan on using the stand. Or maybe I'm not getting something? ???

I'd like the front tire higher on my Bursig too, but when I tilted the plate, it made it impossible to mate it up to the bike without some half-assed dangerous single pin start, push the bike onto the second pin after a partial lift nonsense. :banghead:

Let me know if you come up with a solution. My bike is being crated up to send to San Antonio tomorrow, so I took her off the Bursig yesterday when I was futzing around the garage sorting out stuff (tools) I wanted to take down the Alcan with me.:please:

Will let you know when I figure it out.

BTW, how much does your bike wiggle on your Bursig if you shake it?

It looks to me from your video and pic , that all the wheat of the bike is on the 2 front legs of the stand.
Please mount the pin mounting plate as far back as possible on the stand, this will distribute the wheat of the bike more evenly over the stand and it will be les wiggle

The plate is mounted in the only position it can mount. Moving it would mean the shifter would be in the way.

Are you thinking the weight is on the front due to the height of the front tire? That's a matter of the angle of the mount more than anything else.

I am waiting on a missing M16 bolt for my stand.
What you are saying is you cannot mount the stand in front of the shifter?
My thinking is the more forward you lift the bike the better it will be
When I get to try mine I will post my more about it.

ah, I see what you're saying. The kit ships with a diagram for the position for the hayabusa. I did try one bolt in the other direction, which is how I found out the shifter hits. I didn't try all the way to the other side. Not sure if it would work or not.

Given the way the stand is setup - the rear leg doesn't extend out very far, I am going to assume you want more weight on the front or it could easily flip backwards.

Apparently small adjustments to the all thread (circled) will result in enough angle change to lift the front tire up more, without preventing the stand from being inserted into the bike.

I will test out this theory in a day or two (busy with work stuff)

I6P98Rf.jpg

Your wiggle is about the same as my Bursig (I went out the other night and shook it to see), but I don't have any right tilt.

^ That makes me feel a lot better. I'm actually pleased with the result. Blair offered me taller spacers to angle the bike more upright, but at this point I don't think it's needed.

Do you know if there a difference in the steel gauge between the Bursig and Padlock that may be causing the flexing? Are you concerned with the bike falling off the stand if you were to accidently bump into it or the stand failing? Have you come to a conclusion on whether or not it was a good buy? In other words, if you had the opportunity to do it again, would you buy the Bursig instead?

JPunisher, I've been pushing the bike all over the garage and it is stable (no indication the bike will fall off the stand). The bike does wobble on the lift (as you can see on my video posted earlier in this thread) but Blrry confirms the Bursig does the same. So it's not a pro or con since this style of lift appears to do that.

I can't vouch for the longevity or build quality as I've only had it for a short time, but there is no indication that it is going to be failing anytime soon. Where the svracing lift takes a shortcut over the Bursig is with the legs coming in two parts. You attach them to the lift with 2 bolts per leg. This connection is solid and I'm not worried about it at all.

I would buy the svracing paddock lift again if I had to do it again. The cost difference is too substantial to ignore when the lower cost alternative seems to replicate all the functionality of the higher cost unit. It's really easy to use and it's the first time in 5 years that I've completely cleaned my rims =)

as long as the main engine bolt is the same between the models (where you attack the receiving nut from the stand), i don't see why not. It's a generic kit, the only thing bike specific is the pin.

So where are the pictures of the bike sitting more level without the front tire sitting only an inch or so off the ground? ???

You're welcome to come over and adjust it for me. I've been too busy to bother.

The front wheel is off the ground, so it's not urgent for me to mess with. I plan to mess with it, but it's not going to be anytime soon. If I get free time, I'm going to ride the bike, not mess with the stand some more =)

I've seen people sitting on their bike with it on the lift.

My understanding is that there is a pin that mates to the frame. I assume our frames are symmetrical on both sides, so I'd assume it will work both ways.

The pins provided is only for the left side (kickstand side), it would probably work if you fabed your own pins. However, I wouldn't recommend it because when you have the bike at ground level, you want to stabilize the bike when pulling the pins out, it will be very difficult on the right side & the Busa is top heavy so steading the bike & pulling lift out, is not ideal, in my opinion, it would now be a safety issue & dropping the bike would be traumatic.

I am a new owner of a 2008 Busa (one month), always wanted one, been riding Harley's for over 25 years. Anyways, I just bought the SV Paddock lift a few weeks ago, very versatile, able to move it around my garage without problems with my smooth cement floors, might create a problem if its a sectional type. My biggest gripe was once the lift was up in the air, there was a very noticeable lean to the right (should have taken a picture of it), it drove me crazy, thought it would tip over but never did. I tried adding a couple of additional spacers to lift the two front legs (without the locking wheels), didn't work, fabed angle irons to attach to the front legs to preclude leg flexing which didn't work also. The main beam has a slight tilt to to the left, so I was thinking of cutting & rewelding the bottom to give it more tilt to the left, decided against it. I was about to give up, but I decided to go back to square one & keeping adding spacers until it would level the bike. It finally worked at 1 1/4" of spacers (you will need longer bolts, not provided in kit), bike is near perfectly straight. Tested by moving the lift around my garage to ensure there were no safety issues, no problems, same as without the additional spacers. Also wanted to mention, the pins will loosen, instruction recommendation was to use blue locktite, doesn't work, need to use the Red 271 (some don't like 271 because it's not easy to remove, if you can't remove it, heat it up).

Note:
IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0200.JPG
IMG_0196.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG
I paid $249.00 on Ebay, however, since I live in Hawaii, an additional $60 for shipping. I don't see any markings on lift (unless I missed it) so I can't tell you where its manufactured. The square tubing is only 1/16" thick, so there is flex once your bike is on it, other manufacturers maybe thicker but the price is higher. One other note, it has only one level, up in the air, there are no other hole pin adjustments, you could probably drill additional holes like the Bursig, which has 3 holes. Overall I am satisfied with the lift because once I get back from my ride & park it in the garage, I just put the bike on the lift & turn it around for my next ride, very easy. Blair from SV Racing provides good support.

I've seen people sitting on their bike with it on the lift.

My understanding is that there is a pin that mates to the frame. I assume our frames are symmetrical on both sides, so I'd assume it will work both ways.

IMG_0193.JPG

Back