Hayabusa paddock side lift finally available

It's scheduled to arrive today.

Does anyone know if I can remove the main engine bolt without having to also support the motor?

The Bursig install was ridiculously easy. Loosen the nut, push the bolt out (from Right to Left if memory serves) then reinstall the bolt from Right to Left and install the included nut - that's it for the bike. Then the plate, you line up with the bike and adjust it so that it just slides in and boom - you're finished. Took 10 minutes maybe at most? I still wish I'd heard of the ABBA skylift before I bought my Bursig, a lot more capability and lift... But, the Bursig is a really nice stand!

sounds like this stand is basically the same, but they want you to assemble the mounting area loosely and test fit. once it lines up, tighten it up ...

really looking forward to this. Finally going to have clean rims =)

I actually went for it tonight.. the stand is mostly assembled.

For anyone wondering, the cross bracing is welded. The screws you saw at the base are for the leg extensions, they supply two bolts per leg extension. Seems pretty beefy.

Anyone know how to remove the main engine bolt? I unscrewed the nut on the right side. The nut on the left side just seems to spin the threads on the right side, so it doesn't appear to be going anywhere.

Figured it out. The right side is a nut, it unscrewed, then you just hammer the long bolt out of the frame. No threads to worry about.

I got the bike mounted and I lifted it up with the stand. Problem is that the stand is tilted to the right side (so it looks like it might slide off the two bolts that holds it on).

Will need to review the instructions again, I might have missed something.

It tilts to the right as you're looking at it from the rear? (the right side of the bike down?) I wonder if it's from the two sets of slide-in extensions to the legs introducing additional flex. I think (running out to my garage to check) yeah, the arms that extend from the base of mine are 17" long and one piece (like I said - it was in a weird shipping box!). Perhaps shimming or (cringe) bending them a bit will straighten out the bike? In your pictures, when not loaded, it looks plenty sturdy. Did you feel the gauge of the steel was sufficient for supporting the weight of the bike or did it seem flimsy at all? Slipping a few shims cut from soda cans into the top of each of the leg slides that project to the side may give it sufficient tilt to straighten it out without compromising the strength of the design that bending might. Good luck, let us know how it turns out! If you can get 'er straightened out, and it works like the Bursig - you got a screaming deal on a great shop-farckle!

Correct, when looking at the rear of the bike, the bike is tilting to the right.

I am talking to Blair now about it. The upper pin is screwed in all the way, and mates flush to the stand. The lower pin has a gap - maybe 1/4" or so. I think this is the cause. As I lift the bike, the bike's weight hinges on the top pin, causing it to close the gap on the lower. This causes the bike to sag towards the right. If the lower pin was a bit longer (filling in that gap), it couldn't sag, and would remain upright.

Also, there is some flex on the legs if I stand on the stand right where the roller wheels mate with the black leg extensions. If I bounce up and down a bit, I can feel it rebounding too. Since I weigh less than half of the hayabusa, I assume similar weight will be put on the components when the bike is in the air.

I don't know if its something that would wear over time or not. I could eliminate this flex by just removing the rollers and having the lift sit directly on the ground.

Also, there is some flex on the legs if I stand on the stand right where the roller wheels mate with the black leg extensions. If I bounce up and down a bit, I can feel it rebounding too. Since I weigh less than half of the hayabusa, I assume similar weight will be put on the components when the bike is in the air.

I don't know if its something that would wear over time or not. I could eliminate this flex by just removing the rollers and having the lift sit directly on the ground.

If you take the rollers of you won't be able to move it around and isn't that one of the major benefits of a stand like this?

Where are the pictures of the bolt and that gap?

The Bursig install was ridiculously easy. Loosen the nut, push the bolt out (from Right to Left if memory serves) then reinstall the bolt from Right to Left and install the included nut - that's it for the bike. Then the plate, you line up with the bike and adjust it so that it just slides in and boom - you're finished. Took 10 minutes maybe at most? I still wish I'd heard of the ABBA skylift before I bought my Bursig, a lot more capability and lift... But, the Bursig is a really nice stand!
im thinkn I'm gonna bite the bullet and by the Bursig cause this knock off isn't given me warm n fuzzy feelings about buying and supporting my bike with.

I'll post a video in a bit.

There are 4 wheels on the stand, two of them have white spacers, making them taller than the rest. Those are used to angle the stand a bit, which does help with the lean I mentioned earlier. It's still not 100% yet. I need to show Blair what I'm looking at still too; so don't jump the gun and assume it doesn't work till we work it out.

Here's the video.

I show how it mates up and lifts. The stand seems solid, but it does wiggle under the weight of the bike. I am not sure where the wiggle comes from - I thought it was the leg extensions but the video seems to show otherwise.

I also pause the video after I lift the bike up to show the tilt. It's not a huge lean, but it's present. I would feel better if it leaned into the stand, not away from it.

I'm going to email this clip to Blair and see what he thinks.

I would be very interested to hear from a Bursig owner how this compares.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blair says the wiggle is normal, and so is the tilt. He offered to give me more shims to angle the bike more, but I hesitate because that raises the leg height and the underside can already scrape against the bike (depending on angle of the bike). All in all, it does seem to function for its purpose.

Took her outside for some photographs.

vDZdaqi.jpg

yOmB4i2.jpg

ldmW5c0.jpg

blair is telling me to adjust it so the front end is up more. guess there is more work to be done.

Back