Hayabusa paddock side lift finally available

mysql

Registered
I've been waiting for 8 months now for this to be released. The Busig version costs $600-800 range; I wasn't willing to pay that much to replace my standard stands... so hence the long wait.

SV Racing Parts | Store

Just ordered, and thought I'd share with my brothers who might also be interested. I can post pics when it ships, but it looks like the new pins are now just finishing milling... so I suspect I won't have anything in hand for 2 more weeks.

261897839.jpg

I am interested to see this in action. Curious how stable it will be once you get the busa up off the ground. Also is it designed to lift from either side of the bike, or just the chain side like the pic shows?

I've seen people sitting on their bike with it on the lift.

My understanding is that there is a pin that mates to the frame. I assume our frames are symmetrical on both sides, so I'd assume it will work both ways.

I wonder if this will work with a extended swing arm with a 240 kit, or would it be to long and heavy? well maybe not to heavy as i see the guy sit on the bike.

sorry, I don't know.

It locks the bike in the upright orientation (main pin and the lower pin), so it would be a matter of how much weight the stand can support and how far off balance it would be vs the standard leg configuration on the stand.

I keep looking at these and I'd like to try one one day, few things keep putting me off,
needing different fitting kits for several different bike, not being able to pick up some
older style bikes, not having a nice big flat work area that you get with a more traditional
type lift table.

I guess they suit some folk but not everyone.
I don't see any of my local shops or dealers trading in lift benches to get them.

I'd imagine if you don't have a heap of space and want it for one or two bike
you'd have a different view on it.

Still like to have a look / try one some time.

Anyone who buys one, I'd love to read your feed back.

Thanks, Tony.J.

Untill then....
image.jpg
http://postimage.org/

Oh, Daddy Like. That is a pretty nice setup. Looks really stable. I think it would work well for someone that doesnt have stands at all. It combines front and rear stands in one unit.

And as Tony stated, I dont see people trading in work tables for them. I would rather have a work table that elevates the bike 2 feet of the ground, versus a few inches like normal stands do.

Also it would be a bit of a hassle trying to get a catch pan under the bike with the legs of the stand under the bike.

I already have front and rear standard stands. It's just a hassle to get the rear stand on because of the single sided exhaust blocking my view where the spool is. This would be far easier to use and i can roll the bike around the garage as needed. Plus much faster to get in the air front and back than the traditional setup.

I wonder if they'll get their pants sued off for ripping off the Bursig design? It looks like an exact copy-cat replica? Still, if it works like my Bursig - BUY ONE! I love mine. A lift table would be nice too, but I think the best of both worlds might be the ABBA SkyLift stand, raises the bike up like a lift table, works like a Bursig, easily adaptable to almost any sport bike. [video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hIWPK98n48[/video]

They ship to the us from Canada from bluestreakracing.ca - I'm not aware of a US dealer yet. Still, nice!

I already have front and rear standard stands. It's just a hassle to get the rear stand on because of the single sided exhaust blocking my view where the spool is. This would be far easier to use and i can roll the bike around the garage as needed. Plus much faster to get in the air front and back than the traditional setup.

Easier way of using the rear stand. If the bike is stock height, put a brick underneath the kick stand first. Then put the rear stand to use.

I think this is a great stand 4 those who live in colder climates that can't ride all year round and wind up storing their busa in the garage or shed 4 months @ a time. Allows you to move the bike around easily and keep the bikes weight off the tires

Here is my simple stand. if the pressure on the back of motorcycle, it is easy to lift up the front wheel. put a brick under the motor and can disassemble the front wheel.

[video=youtube_share;5w1uW6rkQhM]http://youtu.be/5w1uW6rkQhM[/video]

Back