hayabusa kart ?

davidl9953

Registered
what type of kart are people putting the busa motor in ? is there a place i can buy that kart and put the motor in myself ?

Something like this would be a good start.

crg-1.jpg

they are slower than the 250cc shifter carts... stick with the lightweight high hp two strokes...

they are slower than the 250cc shifter carts... stick with the lightweight high hp two strokes...

so are you saying that if a busa raced a 250cc cart, the cart would win? I dont think so!! then you take that busa motor and put it into a little weigh-nothing cart, imagine what it would do!

I think you would have the ultimate cart for smoke shows at any speed, but you would not get any traction. Think a 250 may smoke you up to maybe triple digits but doubt your running a cart up to 200mph???

I think you would have the ultimate cart for smoke shows at any speed, but you would not get any traction. Think a 250 may smoke you up to maybe triple digits but doubt your running a cart up to 200mph???
yep precisely.. I watched a 250 shifter cart run against a 1 liter cart at Firebird raceway in Chandler...was not even close... the weight absolutely destroyed the big motor.. the light weight 55+hp 2 stroke was amazing fast... the liter motor just smoked the tires and ran the corners way too wide... was not even a race..

Last edited:
I owned a 125 kart and my buddy had the 250. Mines was quicker but his had more top end. We then got into the whats called the 250 twin or super karts. Those karts are capable of speeds of about 160 and from 0-60 in about 3 seconds. I know they might not be as quick as a Busa bike but they would definetly be quicker than a Busa kart. We saw a 600CC honda powered kart develop and it had too much torque. More than what was needed for anything. Too much wheel spin in every gear and it was a handful to handle. I'd honestly have to say that the 250 or even the 250 twin would be a better choice.

250 twin? WOW that would be a ride... I bruised my ribs driving a shifter car (side loading g's).. it is no wonder the smart guys spend a ton of $$ on custom built seats..

Makes me wonder how one of these would respond to a large four stroke twin? Like a Ducati 848 for instance?

I owned a 125 kart and my buddy had the 250. Mines was quicker but his had more top end. We then got into the whats called the 250 twin or super karts. Those karts are capable of speeds of about 160 and from 0-60 in about 3 seconds. I know they might not be as quick as a Busa bike but they would definetly be quicker than a Busa kart. We saw a 600CC honda powered kart develop and it had too much torque. More than what was needed for anything. Too much wheel spin in every gear and it was a handful to handle. I'd honestly have to say that the 250 or even the 250 twin would be a better choice.

I do tech and corners with the SWRA and IKF and a busa motor in one of these karts will not go anywhere. Yes people have done it but thats for fun not to be competive. There are many classes and tech reasons why this would be a stupid idea. And the 250cc are slower than the 125cc heavy class.

Back