Hayabusa Is Running In Idle But Dies When I Touch The Throttle

ninja

Registered
Hi all

A have Hayabusa Gen 1 1999, it's running in idle, but as soon as i touching the throttle it dies

The bike is showing no fault codes

Does anyone have any suggestions what might be causing this?

Ck the spark plugs. Are they black and caked in carbon deposits? Time for new ones maybe? Can you get the rpm's above idle if you slowly apply the throttle?

Do you have consistent 43psi, during priming, cranking and under load?
What do you mean by "touch the throttle and it dies"?
What's the bikes history, condition, miles?

I bought the bike after it was crash at left side and it was not used for about 1 year. I changed the battery, the fuel pump, the spark plugs, the C14 code appears in the dealer mode, I changed the TPS sensor and now no code appears. Stator cover was cracked and I changed it. I checked the over sensor. Motorcycle starts but works only at idle, if i try to accelerate it stops.

Ck the spark plugs. Are they black and caked in carbon deposits? Time for new ones maybe? Can you get the rpm's above idle if you slowly apply the throttle?

I change the spark plugs. I try to apply slowly the throttle but it stops.

I still say tps. Are you sure its putting out the correct voltage? Does anyone know if the tps can malfunction WITHOUT throwing a code?
Also, check to make sure the tank is venting. You can just leave the gas cap open and try to rev it to check for this.

I tried my new tps on another 1999 bike and it worked. I tried his tps, and did the same think. What is bizarre I put back my old bad tps, in the dealer mode now not error code appear, but the symptoms are the same. The code on the new tps is not the same as the code on the old tps. I ordered and sent this tps. Is it possible that the tps sensor is not for this model? I will check the tank venting.

Confirm that it isn't the airbox flapper not opening by unplugging the flapper diaphragm from its vacuum hose. The diaphram is attached on the bottom of the air box. This will leave the flapper in the open position. Make sure to block off the disconnected vacuum hose. While you're at it maybe check for any vacuum leaks anything unhooked.

As long as the tank is up you may want to check all the vacuum lines to make sure they're hooked up
There are a couple of port caps too.

Soooooo, it went down on the stator cover? I'd put money on it, that you've damaged either the stator winding or more possibly the ckps (crankshaft position sensor) a failed tps wouldn't give your symptoms, they are for accurate throttle response, not major engine interference, also, a faulty ckps won't throw a code.
Swap out your ckps/stator winding combo for another and see what happens.

Soooooo, it went down on the stator cover? I'd put money on it, that you've damaged either the stator winding or more possibly the ckps (crankshaft position sensor) a failed tps wouldn't give your symptoms, they are for accurate throttle response, not major engine interference, also, a faulty ckps won't throw a code.
Swap out your ckps/stator winding combo for another and see what happens.

I will try to find ckps sensor

Does anyone know if the ckps sensor suits on another suzuki model ?

Last edited:
Back