Hayabusa Gear Position Indicator *Behind Tach*

EchoBase

Registered
Hello All

I will start off by saying that I was not the first person to do this.
Tomohawk (typo?) was the first that I know of.

I'm developing a GPI kit that can be integrated into the existing cluster of the hayabusa.
LED's would be positioned behind the 1-6 of the tach and light up according to which gear your in.
I'm developing this mod as a kit that you can take and install yourself.
I'll be starting with just the Gen 1 Hayabusa as that is what I ride and working to expand it to other bikes.

Just wanted to give everyone here a heads up as I know this can be a difficult mod to have done as at present I believe it would require you to send your cluster away and be without it for some time. My kit will allow those that feel they can do this, to install this kit on their own time.

If you have any questions please email me directly at info@echobasegroup.ca

Cheers!!
:thumbsup:

E-Mail addy does not work. I saw this mod and LOVED IT. Glad to see you doing this. How much and when will they be available?

First of all, thank you for your interest!
As far as pricing and availability, I will get back to everyone as things progress.
I'm just going to make some time to look after this project and test it out so it proves itself and then I'll make this available to everyone.
I know that there will be various LED colour options and maybe more.

Stay Tuned

I wanted to give everyone an update.
I have a working prototype installed on my Busa.
Will update with further progress and Pictures Soon!
:agree:

Hello All!
I've attached some pictures of my 5th working prototype.
All versions have been without problems.
I am pleased to say they are ready to be ordered.

If there is any interest in obtaining more info please email me.

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

Very cool but where/how does it plug in? any chance you can make it plug-n-play? And how much is it?
It is definitely as plug and play as it can be.
The led module needs to get behind the tach and the only way to do that is to open the cluster and follow the instructions.
You will be required to unplug the gear position sensor connector and plug my GPI factory plugs in line with them, then you need to splice into one wire for power.
Not as daunting as it sounds, the install guide leaves no room for guesswork.

Please email me for pricing.

Last edited:
Alternatively, you can always send me your cluster and I will install the LED module behind the tach and send it all back to you with only 3 wires to connect on the bike.
I also offer a service to change the Backlight LED's on Gen 1 Clusters.
As mentioned, please email me with for pricing and any other questions.

info@echobasegroup.ca

More Busa Mods in development, I will keep you posted.
Please feel free to suggest any mods you would like to see developed and I will see what I can do!

Sorry for the sideways pictures. They were not taken that way, however the attachment manager decided to rotate some of them for some reason.

How effective is this if you are using a TRE?

Good question!
I am currently working on a Smart TRE add-on for my GPI setup.
It will allow the GPI to see the signals it needs from the GPS and send false info to the ECU.

As a heads up, I offer various colour options for the GPI and Cluster Backlight LED's:
Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, Purple, White

More details and pictures to come.

Here are a coupe pictures of a unit that was shipped out this morning.
Feel free to contact me with any questions and order request.

IMG_7582.jpg

IMG_4801.jpg

Hello All!
I wanted to give everyone a friendly reminder that this is a great time of year to tear your Hayabusa Gen 1 cluster out and send it to me to install this mod!
Or you can order the kit, follow the installation instructions with detailed pictures and install the whole thing yourself.

Back