Hayabusa Battery

babuski

Donating Member
Registered
The batteries that are put in new busas last about how long?

Was just wondering....are they good for 3 years, 5 years? Longer. When should I replace it. during winter its hooked up to a Battery Tender trickle charge. Bike starts right up 99% of the time and everything runs like a charm.

What sayeth you oh brilliant minds of this forum?

well I can say that without the battery tender mine is dead 2yrs into life. I'll be replacing mine with the high cca version from Schintz racing and buying a tender
wink.gif

Battery tender is a must and will have your battery lasting along time! I wouldn't think 5 yrs or longer would be unusuall at all.
smile.gif

hey vman, you guys sell the 235cca batteries? if so how much?

Battry tender and no 200mph runs for a long time on the stock batty. The battey will ver amp at top end. If you have to change gt a sealed battey or a gel battey and USE A BATTERY TENDER.

no battery tender here and I killed my battery once to the point that I had to push start the bike. After years it still cranked it up fine. How ever if I did let it set for a extended period of time it cranked a little slow but it always started.

Battry tender and no 200mph runs for a long time on the stock batty.   The battey will ver amp at top end.  If you have to change gt a sealed battey or a gel battey and USE A BATTERY TENDER.
any recommendations? I read somewhere to get the higher cca one to help with the starter problems and also since I'll be running a few more accessories.

I only got 1 year out of mine- after 6 months the positive termainal was cruded up and I could'nt get anything after a long ride so I cleaned it and the bike started up okay But after that it was down hill from there to the point it died as I was riding it and left me 2 miles from home. I got the larger CC for Honda's. The main reason was nobody had mine in stock. Havent had any probs since then.

*don't let the bike idle for a long period - battery will discharge*

Back