Have you ever done this?

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
You're sitting at a red light in your car and a Hayabusa rolls up to your side....you roll down your window and ask, "hey, do you know about Hayabusa dot org?"
An aftermarketed 08 rolled up next to me with a 50 yr old rider and I asked that question....he replied, "No" so I said, "Go to Hayabusa.org, you'll love it!" He replied, "I'll do it".
I hope he joins the family!

Doyle

A similar situation is how I joined up...a fellow racer (stranger) at Maxton said ever been to the org~?~

I said no. He said "I thought everyone who owned a Busa was on the org".

I remembered the conversation when I got home and checked it out...glad I did.

I've brought a couple friends on board.

(until then I've never been much for talking on the internet, and still stick mainly to this site)

A similar situation is how I joined up...a fellow racer (stranger) at Maxton said ever been to the org~?~

I said no. He said "I thought everyone who owned a Busa was on the org".

I remembered the conversation when I got home and checked it out...glad I did.

I've brought a couple friends on board.

(until then I've never been much for talking on the internet, and still stick mainly to this site)

Yours is a perfect example. In the last 4 years, I've had 3 of these encounters and amazingly none of the 3 had heard of the org! That's hard for me to understand since I literally was on the org 2 weeks before I purchased a Hayabusa.
We don't discuss it much but the org actually helps potential Busa owners have a deeper understanding of what it's like to own one. The org helped me a great deal in my decision.....even though I've been a lifelong motorcyclist. Besides the obvious "top of the heap" nature and mistique of the Busa, it's the human element of the org that has been so captivating for me. I have literally "hooked up" with dozens of Hayabusa owners all over North America and that aspect has truely deepened my enjoyment and sense of fufillment in this great sport. The org has taken motorcycling way past a couple of local friends and 4 magazine subscriptions for me to a global experience!

Doyle

ps let me amend the "North America" statement to include "down under", Europe and the middle east!

Last edited:
I've done that with a few bike forums.
The way that I ended up joining is from threats of a beating from my friends...j/k :lol:

I ask people i meet with hayabusas every time if they know about the Org :thumbsup:

Its too rich in information and such a good community that its bad not to know about it :thumbsup:

I know EVERY bit of info I share with a Busa owner starts out..."well, I heard on this web site I go to... ... ...". Then tell them to check it out. I couldn't imagine NOT coming here, it's like riding with friends, even when you're not riding.

When I got my Busa I did a search for forums, and joined 3 this is the only one I still come to daily. I still go to 1 of the others once & a while.

yup, done that matter of fact I was at a local place called mugs and jugs and there was a 2009 busa there, he is a member we spoke for a minute and I have to say his bike was hooked up nicely.. he said he was going to post some pictures soon

Yours is a perfect example. In the last 4 years, I've had 3 of these encounters and amazingly none of the 3 had heard of the org! That's hard for me to understand since I literally was on the org 2 weeks before I purchased a Hayabusa.

Sounds like a witty riding shirt is in order here.
Something like what I a few days agoa of "Can you see my now *******" on the back.

Maybe a nice pic of a busa on the front and on the back it says, "If you can read this, its time to trade up. Hayabusa.org"

Hit up the sponsors. Free Ts for all!

Yeah, I have several times. As I recall one guy did join (long time ago) but I no longer see him here or in town. Guess he left ! Use to be several others around me Perry, Enid and Elk City, but I don't see them posting any more either. Guess they changed bikes :whistle:

Back