have U messed with

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
anyone messed with Hi Def Camcorders yet? If so, gimme some feedback QUICK. Thinking about getting a Sony HDR-HC5 tomorrow from Best Buy. Looking for experiences, hidden perspectives, pros and cons. Seems pretty decent. I mean, look! It has a BEACH in the view finder!

HDR-HC5_3Q_v1.jpg_s_b569a430c9afb534bd8d24b3a3f00799e3d920af.jpg

i have messed with them and there really cool. on the hd video res is really only 1440X1080I not 1920X1080. i have not used the HDR-HC5 i used one of the older models. now they have built in hard drives and there cheaper. i have some clips but its a few hundred megs for a few seconds of video. i would like to get one of my own but $$$$.

I'm sort of familiar with the 1440x1080 deal, but is that a percievable difference? My TV only does 720 native anyway but looks freaking great. I'll google some more reviews. All experiences wanted

well, I picked up the Canon HV20 instead. Full HD and better image. Did some filming in the dark even though the reviews said it sucked, and I was blown away! This little toy looks almost as good as PBS HD stuff I'm always watching, and I haven't even filmed anything in DAYLIGHT yet. I can't wait. Optical stabilizer means I can't strap it to the bike
sad.gif
but... it will be duct taped to the helmet for a better looking [not through the windshield], more like "You are there" perspective. Tripod for everything else.

Thanks for the tip Grey!

i want one to strap to the busa. my computer display is only 720p 27" samsung hooked to my blu ray player
super.gif
. my main tv 55" 1080I
firedevil.gif

(greyrocket @ Apr. 14 2007,21:06) sweet to be honest its a better cam in low light. what did you pay from one 03 sliver/grey busa to another
super.gif
Too much, but I justified the extra cost by studying both the Sony and the Canon for about an hour in Best Buy, buying it on the spot - no waiting for next day delivery ;) I paid about $1200 including tax, an extra battery and a MEM card. $1099 at Best Buy. I think they were 899 online. So far I am VERY impressed with the image.... and STILL have yet to film in daylight. My playback is a 50" Zenith PLasma that maxes at 720

I went with the OPTICAL Stabilized Canon realizing I will not strap it to the bike - but to my helmet instead. That will cut all vibration.
smile.gif
Optical stabiizer, on a unit like this with DV tape, all in one, is a PHYSICAL sensor and cycle motor virbation as well as road bumps wreaks havon with that. the cheap digitial stabilization works much better for that use. PLUS here I just got a full HD camera image and if I put it on the bike it gets filmed through those crappy plastic busa windshilds taking away the quality anyway. I had previously purchase the Panasonic GS500 which LOOKED GREAT but was completly worthless as soon as the bike started, due to optical stabilizer.

Here's a couple shots from video I shot last night. keep inmind these pic are strait from video and I cut the view size in half to fit them here

pic1.JPG

the coloring is because of the funky lights they have out by the dumpster, That is exatly what it looks like to the naked eye. Awesome! the detail in the wood grain and shasows looks GREAT - very true to life

Here's me. Not perfect at night, but much better than I was expecting. kinda grainy as a still, but nice and clear as video. VERY watchable

me.JPG

same lamp zoomed in. you can SEE the flecks of paint spray on the lamp cover! and all the spider dirt

light.JPG

Back