Hate that we missed most of you~!~

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
Blanca, this thread should make you feel a little better about being "stuck" in sunny Florida~!~ :laugh:

We pulled out at 6am and drove for 6 hours to the gap...ran through a couple small showers on the way but mostly a pretty day.

As soon as we get in and unload the bikes it started to rain. My goal was to meet up with some of the members here and at least say hi and hang out a few, and of course to get some good riding in.

Anyway, we made a fairly slow tour through the tail since it was pouring down. Tofas2c, a few other friends, my wife and myself. Keith layed his knee down a couple times but was getting a little too slick with Tofas2c not far behind, then we came up on the fellow over the hill on the yellow bike. Keith says it's time for him to take it as easy as the rest of us were.

Here I got to meet Acehole for a momentary hand shake then back on the road to eat what we are now calling the 12 hour burger (better be good!!!).

Still pouring rain so we head back and load up...here I got to meet Takeuon and Macon454, a couple of the fellas who were in my original face to face goal anyway.

Wish we would have had more time in the sun to spend down there but all in all we drove 12 hours yesterday for about 1 hour riding in the rain on the bikes and that delicious 12 hour bacon cheeseburger we experinced.

It was nice to get out of town for a while~!~

100_1971.jpg

100_1978.jpg

trailer plate 2.jpg

Last edited:
Nope I'm still jealous !
A bad day of riding in the rain with friends beats solo in sunny Florida anytime .
Be careful .
4 Suzis on one trailer....too cool

Mark it was great to meet you buddy......unfortunately it was the one day that MotherNature just didn't want to cooperate w/ us.

Great of you all to still trek on and get there to see if it would work out though. We'll have to plan to do it again next year :beerchug:

I heard no regrets from one person in the vehicle. Everyone was thrilled just to make it down for a few minutes. We pulled back in around 10 last night (made a couple stops to eat, etc) and unstrapped the saddles this morning.

Damn, I didn't even know you were there....

Me either :( We need name tags :laugh:

All in all we weren't there more than a couple hours tops, about an hour on the bikes in the pouring rain and an hour to eat. I figure most were inside kicking back in the dry at that time.

Wish we could have hung around longer but we were soaked to the bone already, and didn't seem to be clearing up at all...rained all the way back home too. :cool:

Sometimes a quick handshake is all it takes to make a friend...see you next time!:thumbsup:

It was great to get to meet you, glad you stop to say Hi, I wish i could have got to ride with you, Next time we will. :thumbsup:

I asked them if they wanted to snooze for a couple hours then drive back up Sunday~?~ :laugh:

Mark it was great to meet you buddy......unfortunately it was the one day that MotherNature just didn't want to cooperate w/ us.

Great of you all to still trek on and get there to see if it would work out though. We'll have to plan to do it again next year :beerchug:

Sometimes a quick handshake is all it takes to make a friend...see you next time!:thumbsup:

It was great to get to meet you, glad you stop to say Hi, I wish i could have got to ride with you, Next time we will. :thumbsup:

It was good to meet you all too, been looking forward to it for some time~!~

Back