handlebar riser

purplefalcon

Registered
the GENMAR handlebar risers look like they are pretty nice pieces, but pricey, has anyone seen something like GENMAR'S but maybe in uhmw ? or for that matter has anyone seen another handlebar riser that is functional for less money ?

The Helibar option is a decent one, but I think it costs more than Gen-mar. Helibars for the busa cost $168 plus shipping.

thanks folks, i guess i asked for your help a little too late as i went ahead and ordered the genmars last night. i have really been having trouble with my right hand and upper arm, so after i wiped all my tears away thinking about the price, it really turns out to be nothing if the amount is divided into the thousands of miles i hope to put on this mean bird.

Does anyone have a photo of the reaper riser?  I did a search for it, but there were hundreds of returns.
Here ya go...

post_6_86382_risers.jpg

Oh my god, you can't be serious. That looks like it would hit the fairing upper with any turn of the wheel! If it works, that must be WAY taller than the helibars. Are those things still available anywhere?
wow.gif

I wonder if it can be used in conjunction with helibars? Probably not, but it might be worth a try. anyone out there try it yet?

I have HeliBars and a 3/4" Genmar on mine. I had to trim my Double Bubble quite a bit, as the black switch bodies hit it pretty hard - in fact, it would switch the high beams on. I now have a ZG Sport Touring screen installed and it hits the switch bodies, too, but not nearly as much. In fact, I'll probably not trim this one.

Ed

How hard is the install on the reapers? Or, better question, how the hell do you install the reapers?
rock.gif

Back