Hand Warmers vs. Gloves

superbeagle

Registered
Well now that its October in Northern Indiana. What is the best choice to keep hands warm. I nearly frozen my hands off this mourning on the 20 minute ride to work. It was a brisk 38 degrees. I was wanting to know if hand-warmers work all that well or if better gloves are the answer. I really only need them for two months out of the year.

Get a pair of good winter gloves. Then if needed use the hand warmers in them. That is what I do. :) Make sure the gloves are not tight, but still fit ok.

i purchased heated grip kits.

need to install em soon:poke:

1400li.jpg

I luv my heated gloves :bowdown: They do have their limites once the temps fall below 30 at speed. My finger tips will get a little chilly until I slow down.

Get electric heated gloves, they are a little pricey, but they work great. I have the heated jacket liner and gloves. I have used them down to 15 degrees. Heated grips will help but they only warm the bottom of your hand, the heated gloves warm both sides.

I have these ones and really happy with them. The coldest I've ridden was 12*F. One thing I learned from wearing a heated gear, don't wear a thick shirt. You want it as close to your skin as possible.
www.tourmaster.com - Link no longer works

www.tourmaster.com - Link no longer works

I have grip warmers and heated gloves. The grip warmers are OK when it gets cool out. But when its cold, the heated gloves are the ticket.

I have the ones from aerostitch that velcro on and a simple plug. I use them with a set of ski gloves and have rode in temps as low as 12 degrees. With the velcro you can easily take them off and on.

I got Heateed gloves, shirt(not vest), and pants. rode in 17 degree weather @80MPH with no issues. Brand is FirstGear

Hey guys, I would like to ride through this winter down here in VA. How long, how cold, and how comfortable are you with just the vest and gloves? Are the pants worth getting as well, or just using leathers with jogging pants under them? What do you guys do for your neck and face?? I noticed the other morning my nose was numb within thirty seconds... I'm guessing a less breathable helmet? (I'm currently using an scorpion exo).

Thanks in advance

S4L, military poly pro gear will get you through. cheap too! roughly $20 for top and bottoms at your local army/navy store. grab one of those gaiter ski/snowboard neck warmers to keep the air flow down in the lid. that's a good base for new england weather so i would assume va. would be no sweat.

I was still a brand new rider last winter and chose not to ride in the cold, but now that I'm addicted to my (husband's) Busa, I will def be riding. We have hand warmers on the grips, but that wasn't enough for me when it was just starting to get cold, so I will probably go with heated gloves as well if I can find them at a good price. I also need to find something for my neck and something to keep my helmet from fogging up inside. I had to open a vent and then my face was frozen instantly!

I am using warmnsafe heated gear for my 60 mile ride to work. Jacket, gloves and pants. I'm good down to 25 degrees. I like the idea of not having all the extra sweatshirts etc. to haul back home in the afternoon. You just turn the controller down or leave it off.

Back