Hand Brake Lever On...No Brake Light!

YtseJam

Registered
Noticed last nite when I was riding home that the brake lights only go on when the rear pedal is engaged, not the hand lever, so that eliminates a fuse or the lights themselves. Anyway to check the switch inside the housing for the lever or is there something else I need to be looking at? It's an '06.???

ummm....Im glad u asked that too. I just realized I have the same from problem ('06). I thought only the rear brake activated the the brake light. Gotta see what is causing that. Maybe has to do with something when I installed the ss brake lines.

Check the wired plug on the underside of the brake lever. Make sure it's tight.

+1
You could have some water in the plug that is causing rust. If you do notice ant rust, you can take some sandpaper and sand the rust off the prongs. I had this same issue two months ago. Good luck

had the same thing on my vtx, it was the switch. easy fix. bike was still under warrenty so they gave one. good ole honda"s:laugh:

It's the switch, mine done the same thing. Replaced the switch and all is fine.
Suzuki part #57460-17C11.

Never seen this...what happened was the plug can loose that attached to the spade connecters at the switch. One of the spades was actually bent all the way over. Straightened it out, pluged it back in, solved! Must have happened when I replaced the triple tree?!

Thanks for all the help!!

Back