GSXR 750

moondog

Donating Member
Registered
On our Sunday ride, I found out just how much faster the small bikes are in the tight stuff...I was the only Busa, 2 gsxr6, 3 gsxr 750's, 2 R1's, 2 Honda 954's, an older 900rr, an f4i and a zx10. I finally backed off after a few close calls. There is mucho difference, they literally ran away from me. Granted, these guys are incedible riders, one of the 750 gsxr riders is suppose to be the best in NWA, races at Hallet all the time, but DAMN! The mighty busa is just not made for that kind of action. You should see my new back tire, there are little balls of rubber on the edges, looks melted!!! I think I better start acting my age...120 into a 40 mph corner is tooooo much. On the upside, Pirelli Diablo Corsa's rock....(what's left of them anyway).
tounge.gif

Ya, Pirelli's are THE stuff. Hey, tell me, since the Corsa is a track tire, how does it treat you on the street? I'm assuming you are talking about backroad twisties as opposed to the racetrack, right? Do they heat up enough for street riding, or overheat and melt? Are you running lower PSI to assist traction and warm up on teh street? Always wanted to try the Corsa on the street. Just cuz those tiny bikes turn quicker doesn't mean the busa won't... just takes more work, planning, timing, effort, braking for weight... are you in the corners at 7-9k rpms so you can trouce after you come out of the corner? Rider experience is also a HUGE factor in cornering ability

whoa. Yeah, you better be safe, bro. Sounds like you had a couple of close calls...
wow.gif

Be safe, bud!

With only a few mods you can greatly improve the Busa's flickablility. I hate to say it but,it may seem like a handful hangin' with the smaller bikes but if they left you waaaaay behind it's all the rider.
wink.gif

got to agree with you...I thought I was a good rider until I rode with those maniacs...wow. I don't think I'll ever be able to ride like that on the street, they break too many simple traffic rules. It's no wonder we get a bad name, it tends too piss people off when you pass them on one wheel and on a double yellow...and then eight of your buddies follow you. After I do a few mods, I may try to go over to Hallet and get some track time, more controlled envoirnment. One of the guys was fresh out of the hospital from crashing two weeks ago, and about bit it again during a little wheelie drift...! As for the corsa's...great tire for the twisties, would not spend the money for straight line riding, the middle won't last. They warm up as quick as I do, I run 40 psi front and rear. I am probably a little under the perfect rpm range coming out of the corner, but thats just me, the tires could handle it. They don't slide at all and will snap ya back up and over real quick. We, the busa and I, are going to work on this weight problem starting with the gen3 system this month, see if we can shed about 30-40 pounds between us. The busa does not tolerate an out of shape rider in the twisties...
sad.gif

and by the way.....busa's going no where. will always be my fav, just thinking about ADDING a gsxr750 for those short blasts in the country. WWJD, to answer your question, it's all back country twisties riding, baby....have not had the tires on the track. This area is sport bike heaven....we must have seen a thousand last Sunday....!!!!

Back