Greg3582 MaxxECU and digital dash build

I’m assuming that baby radiator is the heat exchanger. But how do I fill it up and bleed it? I don’t understand it. Or does it not need to be bled. I know very very little about turbo bikes.

IMG_3145.jpeg

Directly from Scott Davis.

No problem. It's it's own cooling system. You will have to bolt it to the rad, but no hoses connect the engine cooling system to the intercooler system. Put the bike on the side stand to fill the intercooler system most of the way with the 90 degree hose to heat exchanger area. Connect that hose back up. Then use a small line and funnel to get the remainder of the system at the 1/8 npt hole on the plenum. You may need to cycle power to the pump a few times to get all the air to the highest point and out. I usually just stick my finger over the hole and run the pump for a couple seconds and then shut it off again, and check to see if it will take any more fluid.

Still working on it. Had to order the coolant temp relocator kit in order for the heat exchanger to fit. Got most of it plumbed up. Need to plug up a few extra holes and finish wiring the Maxx. I only have a couple things left on that as well. They both helped me figure out a few things yesterday.

Still working on it. Had to order the coolant temp relocator kit in order for the heat exchanger to fit. Got most of it plumbed up. Need to plug up a few extra holes and finish wiring the Maxx. I only have a couple things left on that as well. They both helped me figure out a few things yesterday.
Hey Greg, you shouldn't need to do that, the ECU will control the fans now, the grey plug circled below will plug into the factory brown fan switch connector, and the physical switch that use to be in the radiator doesn't need to be there anymore. The ECU is using coolant temp from the head to turn the fans on and off versus that mechanical type switch in the radiator.

1689940026983.png
, y

I have to at least plug it because the heat exchanger presses against there and the switch can’t be there. I also don’t have a fan switch connector as the moron before me cut it so I have to splice everything to do with the fans. Oh well. I’ll at least get the plug.

Hey Greg, you shouldn't need to do that, the ECU will control the fans now, the grey plug circled below will plug into the factory brown fan switch connector, and the physical switch that use to be in the radiator doesn't need to be there anymore. The ECU is using coolant temp from the head to turn the fans on and off versus that mechanical type switch in the radiator.

View attachment 1668904, y

Back