GPS? Check. Throttle Lock? Check.

serendipity

Registered
I'm getting the bike ready for a 6 day ride to Connecticut and throughout New England next week. I just upgraded to the Busa from my SV1000S. With heli-bars, adjustable pegs, and a gel seat, the SV was very tour-able. Even with stock ergos, the Busa is at least as comfortable, so I'm looking forward to stretching its legs.

Top priority - GPS so I don't get lost and die in the middle of bum****, Maine.

Garmin Zumo 450 splash screen:
07232008081.jpg

Map display:
07232008080.jpg

Mount with GPS removed:
07232008083.jpg

I wired in a fused power block to run the GPS and the other accessories I'll be adding later (cigarette lighter socket to charge a cell phone, maybe some aux lights).

07232008084.jpg

There's a relay tucked on the other side so the power block is only live when the ignition is on:
07232008085.jpg

From farther back:
07232008087.jpg

There's a killer cashback deal for anything you can Buy It Now through eBay with - 25% cash back. The Zumo can be had for a shade over $300 with this deal. Check out the thread on slickdeals: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=245509&t=873772

Second priority - throttle lock so my wrist doesn't fall off after an 8 hour ride.

Open/Disengaged:
07232008088.jpg

Closed/Engaged:
07232008089.jpg

It's a Manic Salamander throttle lock - it's a little different than the throttle meister a friend has, and I haven't had a chance to ride with it yet. I'm a little concerned because it's spring-loaded, instead of just threaded. As a result, to disengage, you need to pull the cylinder toward the outside, then rotate it closed (in the throttle-off direction). You can still adjust the throttle with it engaged (it just adds enough friction to overcome the spring tension), but I'll have to see how comfortable I am disengaging it quickly.

Fairings are a pain in the ass to remove - not looking forward to changing the oil tomorrow.
thumb_down.gif

Exhaust, double bubble, and swingarm plate bracket are on the way. Should be a fun trip.
ThumbsUp.gif

I kept my stock cans because they are quiet. vibration and noise adds to the fatigue that can reduce your daily milage.

Do you need more power?
smile.gif

Got the following?
Tire repair kit
air compressor or CO2 cartriges
flash light
chain lube
tire gauge
padded cycling shorts
camel back
road side assistance service

That is one HUGE GPS display
SHOCKED.gif

I have the Laminar Lip instead of a double bubble, works great.  I've done SF to LA in the winter and the same on back roads in the summer with my current setup.

'03 Pumpkin
Laminar Lip
N.E.P. Throttle Lock
120dB Horn
BMC Air Filter
D&D Bolt-on's
Marble Trick
Mod'd Hump or Rack w/ Tail bag
MEZ6 skins

Most of this is on my site...  Link below  
ThumbsUp.gif

looks good