Got an offer to run a ZX-14 at the track on Sat !!!

Raced Guy

Registered
Well i was at the track on sat. running my 08 busa and was having some issues due to some warped clutch steels and kinda called it a day. I was talking to a fellow racer and was close to the 9's on his 14 but couldnt quite get there. At the end of the day i offered to ride the bike and see if i could get him that 9 second slip. He was very nice and said sure, if you think you can do it go for it. This was my first time on a 14 and was pretty fun. The bike was strapped and that is it as far as i know. I wish it was lowered because im pretty short and am not use to tip toeing. My first pass was good, came off the line great, pullled a 1.61 sixty foot and it was great untill i shifted thrid and hit the limiter, but was sure it would of been a 9 second pass. I think im used to my busa with the alien head being so loud and just going by tone. Well i got one more run in and due to closing the track down and wanted to keep my promise of a 9 sec pass. The second run was better with a 1.60 sixty, but had a wheelie through first and second, i just kinda floated it through the first two gears and went a 9.70@146. I was very happy with it being my second pass and the owner was also to see that bike had 9s in it. I think with a few more passes and getting more agresive with the bike 9.50s would be no problem. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
good job, does show how much a rider has to do with "going fast" and that drag racing is not just "so easy to do" :)

He was either a rich guy that has plenty of toys, or your that good on the track that he was confident you could handle his bike with no worries. Or maybe a combination of both. Either way, good job, thanks for the post.

Well i dont think hes rich, and he saw me up there last week running 9.30s on my stocker so i think that helped i would assume. They are really smooth bikes, didnt feel like alot of low end grunt but still quick.

Back