Got a Speeding Ticket

their is no such thing as ticket quotas nor will their ever be.  officers must make X "community contacts" per shift this has noting to do with wether he/she gives a written/verbal citation or warning, it is completely up to them.  

so i wouldnt suggest going to court and saying it was the end of the month "he must have had a quota".  cause all you will end up paying is more for the court fees.

we should get a topic on safe places to ride fast where your chances are lower of being caught.
Quick comment on the topic of "quotas". You are correct, there aren't quotas. Like any other profession though there are "performance standards". Have to write a certain number of moving violations, DUIs, parking violations, etc. each month. Don't have to call it a quota, but I sure as hell don't know the difference between the two. An officer can be fired for not writing enough tickets too. Recently, up here near Chicago, a local copper was fired for not meeting the "performance standards". That's all.
What he said ... I believe that Baltimore, MD has these performance standards as well. I posted a copy of their memo a while back deatiling the minimum number of tickets/stops expected of their officers.

we have officers in my dept that do not write citations, and they will not fired.  Officer discretion must be different in some states.

Matt

Crappy.....for me it always sucks more when ya get a ticket in yer daily driver.......I don't mind it as much when I'm on a bike, or a fast cage......kinda makes it worth it, but when yer just cruisin along 15 over in yer car and ya get a ticket.......that sucks every time!!

I almost have to laugh at the irony of it....ALMOST.
laugh.gif

I'm just glad it wasn't one of my "Busa Fun Days". 15 over isn't near as bad as 100 over.
wink.gif

damn 80 mph is really just cruising on the Busa, I better get a good radar detector before I come back Stateside........

One of my favorite speed roads---is near an area where a friend of mine got popped for 67 in a 55--highway patrol...
wrote him and his buddy the big ticket--WooHoo wonder what 176 GPS in a 55 .............................It's the internet
i may be lying...... prolly..i am skeerd of speed....
wow.gif

Back