GoPro HD Resource Thread-Discussion-Settings-Mounts-Cards-Results

All cool.

Thus begins my saga as to what GoPro is gonna do for this IDIOT !
GoPro took a tumble down I95 a few moments ago....
I was going along 50-60-70 fine...then moved over to pass a car and accelerate....and heard a crack....
It was the homemade pole mount I created.
Thing worked perfectly I guess up to about 80mph when the pole let go at the junction.

I looked and looked and could not find a mount like I envisoned so I went to Home Depot and spent $8.36 creating the 'perfect' mount !

1 36" 1/2in sprinkler pipe
1 1/2in tee cut in half to make clamps
2 hose clamps
2 pieces of rubber bicycle inner tube

perfect......at least it was.
goprohomademount005.jpg

goprohomademount003.jpg

goprohomademount007.jpg

It snapped off. I could not stop and pull over so had to go up to next exit, go south one , then get off and come back up north to look for it.
I had hazards on and was as close to inner wall as possible and hoping for a quick find.
Yes 10 seconds I see pole...yeah...get close......arrgh...pole only..no cam..no case...
Keep rolling up see case or what left of it on middle of fast lane...my mind races..then I see it just the case and no camera inside.....arrgh..!
Keep rolling up and see yes camera flipped over lense down against inner wall...then see battery...then see door to case...cool pick it all up and am a bit relieved then I look at camera closely and realize.......
NO DATA CARD !!!! IT POPPED OUT ?
:banghead:

I spent the next hour rolling all the way back about 1/2 mile before the pole to about 1 mile passed pole and saw nothing..
Granted I'm basically looking for a postage stamp size data card but I found all else except what really would have made it all worth while......
the video of it bouncing of somebody's hood and getting hit would have been nice to see.

I had my eyes and brain trained to pick out a blue data card but in the end gave up as from the first moment I stopped on side of I95 I was risking death and didnt want to push it any farther.

The lid to the case is fine...
GOPROREMAINS-1.jpg

Housin' took a beatin'
GOPRO.jpg

Lense is scratched from bein' Runt Ova !
GOPRO2.jpg

It is testament as to the durability of it as it came off around 80mph , most certainly got hit several times as it rolled to a stop on side of Hgwy still intact.
I would be most willing to send this one back for research purposes on their part to help make a better one next model !

I Can get battery into it but it will not power up.
I can also hear numerous things rattlin' around inside it when I shake it.

So here I am telling my tale of woe...
crying%20can%20u%20see%20me.jpg

Hoping that when GoPro customer service reads this thread that I started because I loved it ever so....
crying-baby-0509-s2-99576567.jpg

They will please replace my dead corpse of a GoPro that I tested free for them...with a
New GoPro Hero HD, New case and New Battery...:please:

If they do this for me I promise honest and for true I will be the bestus unsolicited spokesperson they ever did saw !
Honest cross my heart and promise never to eat another thin mint Ifn I'm lyin' !

Last edited:
They will please replace my dead corpse of a GoPro that I tested free for them...with a
New GoPro Hero HD, New case and New Battery...:please:

If they do this for me I promise honest and for true I will be the bestus unsolicited spokesperson they ever did saw !
Honest cross my heart and promise never to eat another thin mint Ifn I'm lyin' !

Well good luck with that. I've had awesome dealings with their customer service so far, but being as you were using a "home made" mount, I'm not sure if they will do as you ask. However, they do advertise on the site that the housing will stand up to a tumble down the highway and leave the camera safely inside with only a new case to replace. So seeing as that wasn't the case here, maybe they will. Somewhat doubtful, I think, though. I know how you feel right now, though. I lost mine off the snowboard about a week after I got it and didn't know it till I got down to the bottom of the run. I had to go all the way back to the top of the mountain and search the whole way down, all the while hoping that no one had taken it and hoping it hadn't gotten buried in the snow, never to be found again. Those were some of the single most worrisome moments of my life. Especially since it had been a gift from my parents...

I'm an idiot and honest. I wont lie as it will not bring me any good luck.
I made the pole and it worked perferct around the neighborhood but not at Hgwy speed.
I emailed them. We will see what they say.

GoPro has offered me %40 off replacement so I'm fine.
My fault. I'll pay an learn.
1st test model mount didn't work but gave me the exact view I was looking for .

GoPro has offered me %40 off replacement so I'm fine.
My fault. I'll pay an learn.
1st test model mount didn't work but gave me the exact view I was looking for .

So now the question is. . . Do you have to send the busted one back? If not, at least you have a test dummy to try out whatever other design you come up with. And 40% off is still a pretty dang good deal! $180 rather than $300! + one more for the GoPro customer service department.

So now the question is. . . Do you have to send the busted one back? If not, at least you have a test dummy to try out whatever other design you come up with. And 40% off is still a pretty dang good deal! $180 rather than $300! + one more for the GoPro customer service department.

Dont think I'm sending it back ?
On their site the Naked model is $259. Its all I need since I still have suction cup and other stuff.
%60 of that is $155.40 so it is good.
May order a tripod mount and extra batt on the %40 off offer as well :laugh:

Any tips on how to adjust the camera shot that you want? How do you know what your camera is actually looking at?

Any tips on how to adjust the camera shot that you want? How do you know what your camera is actually looking at?

Ben they have an 'Expansion Bakpak' supposed to release this month ?
It plugs into the port on back of GoPro and has an Lcd screen that supposedly allows you to see where it's aimed .

GOOD QUESTION
Cuz it's the first thing I noticed when I got it .

How the heck are you supposed to know where it's pointed I asked myself ?
I kept shooting thirty sec test vids , taking it out of case and hooking it up to tv to see if the view was right .
Also I believe they will have an expansion door for it so it still stays waterproof .

I hope !

Also I want to know how you plug camera into a cable on bike for permanent power but still maintain warerproofness ?
Obviously you need to drill hole in side of case for cable to pass but then what ?

1.)Camera: GoPro Hero HD
2.)Resolution Setting: 5
3.)Mount Type: Suction Cup
4.)Location: Front left fairing (easy to reach while riding but didn't get the frame slider in the shot)
5.)Memory: ScanDisk Ultra 8GB class 4, bought @ Best Buy (pretty inexpensive & so far no problems)
6.)Editing Software: Pinnacle Studio 14 (way more than I'll ever need but cool)

I hope that (^^^) is in the correct format for ease of viewing. The video is nothing special, just the beginning part of my ride to go pick up my wife...photo's taken on the way back (they're at the end of the video). I'm still trying to come up with different ways to shoot with just the suction cup, I'm being a little girl about sticking the mounts on the bike permanently

GoPro HD video for the Org

Oh and...if you haven't signed up for it yet, Vimeo is pretty awesome. My only complaints are that it limits the amount you can upload in a week and it's not accessable by cellphones like youtube.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Silly camera guys.....why stop with 1 camera go multi :whistle: im currently running 6 cameras

Well, mr. moneybags, buy some more and I'll use some more!:laugh:

Ben they have an 'Expansion Bakpak' supposed to release this month ? From what I've heard, they've been supposed to "release this month" for several months. . . Not sure when it's actually coming out. Same thing with the updated firmware to shoot upside down.
It plugs into the port on back of GoPro and has an Lcd screen that supposedly allows you to see where it's aimed .

GOOD QUESTION
Cuz it's the first thing I noticed when I got it .

How the heck are you supposed to know where it's pointed I asked myself ?
I kept shooting thirty sec test vids , taking it out of case and hooking it up to tv to see if the view was right . I kinda thought the same thing, but with the wide view it does kind of make it so you don't have to have it exactly right.
Also I believe they will have an expansion door for it so it still stays waterproof . Where did you see this? That would be nice, but I don't remember seeing anything about that on the site.

I hope !

Also I want to know how you plug camera into a cable on bike for permanent power but still maintain warerproofness ?
Obviously you need to drill hole in side of case for cable to pass but then what ? Silicone is your friend. :laugh:

gmmech on Pashnits site it says something next to picture of it saying 'patent pending door to maintain integrity' or something like that ?
Not sure but you would have to figure for sure another door for case is an absolute must .
It would be just as simple as making the flat door deeeper to accomodate new screen , right ?

gmmech on Pashnits site it says something next to picture of it saying 'patent pending door to maintain integrity' or something like that ?
Not sure but you would have to figure for sure another door for case is an absolute must .
It would be just as simple as making the flat door deeeper to accomodate new screen , right ?

Ahh. I see what you're talking about now. Yea, it could be that simple. As long as they move the little foam space taker upers to the edges of the door where they'd contact the frame of the screen, rather than in the center of the door where they'd be pressing on the screen. That would be no bueno.

mine keeps cutting out after a few seconds of recording... was working great the day before yesterday.

battery is fully charged, class10 32 gig scandisk extreme III card... anyone have any ideas?

mine keeps cutting out after a few seconds of recording... was working great the day before yesterday.

battery is fully charged, class10 32 gig scandisk extreme III card... anyone have any ideas?

try a different card ?
In my travels thru google I found complaints about some Sandisk cards doing same .
google
'problems with gopro and sandisk'

I think you will find them.

Most folks that are happy without complaint I read about use class four cards .

Let the battery fully discharge and recharge it. I let mine run sitting on the desk.

It could also be from vibration. Make sure the card if fully seated in the camera.

Back