GoPro adheisive mount question

buss

Banned
I was wondering when applying the GoPro adheisive mount to the fairing is that permanent?

Another question I was wondering is how secure is your camera when mounted with the adheisive mount?

I would hate to lose my camera at hwy. speeds.

They can be gotten off, but you have to take it slow, with a hair dryer to heat it up a little. That tape is 3M VHB tape, it's basically Super Glue Tape.

You need to mount on a clean, dry, wax-free (clean w/alcohol first) and warm surface (room temp), then you need to WAIT MINIMUM 24 HOURS BEFORE USING IT to let it 'set'. The set time is CRITICAL for a strong permanent bond.

I've been wearing one on my helmet for 2 years without issue on trackdays at high speed - many others have seen them in a lot of places last just fine; normally the mount itself will break before the glue seal gives. If you put it in a vertical place (fairing) with a lot of vibration, do yourself a favor and tether it if you can. You aren't gonna lose it at highway speed.

P.S. Search for "GOPRO" and you will find a huge GoPro thread which offers a TON of info.

They can be gotten off, but you have to take it slow, with a hair dryer to heat it up a little. That tape is 3M VHB tape, it's basically Super Glue Tape.

You need to mount on a clean, dry, wax-free (clean w/alcohol first) and warm surface (room temp), then you need to WAIT MINIMUM 24 HOURS BEFORE USING IT to let it 'set'. The set time is CRITICAL for a strong permanent bond.

I've been wearing one on my helmet for 2 years without issue on trackdays at high speed - many others have seen them in a lot of places last just fine; normally the mount itself will break before the glue seal gives. If you put it in a vertical place (fairing) with a lot of vibration, do yourself a favor and tether it if you can. You aren't gonna lose it at highway speed.

P.S. Search for "GOPRO" and you will find a huge GoPro thread which offers a TON of info.
Thank a lot for the reply, the directions that came with it did not give much detail on that kinda stuff.

I have 7 of them on the bikes and helmets. Never had any problems in the 2 years I've been using them.

They're pretty stuck and I believe will take a chunk of the plastic with them if they get ripped off.

If the heat doesn't work or you don't care about reusing it you can take safety wire, wrap it around two bolts for handles, slip the wire against the adhesive foam, and while pulling slightly up to protect your fairing saw it off. Just use a slow back and forth motion and you'll cut through the foam pretty quickly. Then what's left you can roll off with your thumb.

Back