Goodbye Tennessee and hello Florida

Yes we will have to get him acclimated to the four footers who drive around here.
I call them that cuz they all seem to shrink up? All you see is their blue hair in the car :)

Watch out! Cuz they don't!!!

Put blinker on move over...

That's what they do. Can't look because they can't turn their heads :) can't see mirrors because they are legally blind (yes I've seen it) but Florida still gives them licenses ??? And they certainly won't hear you because they forgot to charge their hearing aids (yes I deal with them personally everyday).
And lastly they certainly won't feel you as they drive over you because the Lincoln I just sold them has a great suspension system on it :laugh:

:rofl:

Yes we will have to get him acclimated to the four footers who drive around here.
I call them that cuz they all seem to shrink up? All you see is their blue hair in the car :)

Watch out! Cuz they don't!!!

Put blinker on move over...

That's what they do. Can't look because they can't turn their heads :) can't see mirrors because they are legally blind (yes I've seen it) but Florida still gives them licenses ??? And they certainly won't hear you because they forgot to charge their hearing aids (yes I deal with them personally everyday).
And lastly they certainly won't feel you as they drive over you because the Lincoln I just sold them has a great suspension system on it :laugh:

I always thought the correct term was "Q-tip." That's what they look like - the white cotton end of the Q-tip looking (well, kinda' looking) through - not over - the steering wheel

Q-Tips or ole blue hairs are something to watch out for, but I have noticed that there is a BUNCH of them in Florida. I also think that there's more Cadillac's in Florida than all the other states put together. Old people love them Caddy's!!! Just last week we were in Vero eating lunch and when walking back to the car a old man saw me and my wife getting into her Caddy (she's not a blue hair:laugh:) and he tried making conversation about the Cadillac brand. I thought it was hilarious:laugh:

The temperature in vero today tied for the record low at 51 degrees. Record low of 51...........I love this weather!!! I gotta get the bike down here ASAP. I think that I'm going through withdrawals.

lol, I did the opposite. Florida to Tennessee. Good Luck and have fun. Alot of flat riding down there and No Helmet law is ok for the beach side riding.

Congrats on your new job and new adventure for you and your wife both....:thumbsup:

A word of caution tho, watch out for all the "Boo's" down there, they seem friendly but have a hidden adgenda of converting you to their secret cult of "Boo'ism".....:rofl::rofl:

Best wishes for you and your Fam...:cheerleader:

lol, I did the opposite. Florida to Tennessee. Good Luck and have fun. Alot of flat riding down there and No Helmet law is ok for the beach side riding.

We have been trying to do the same thing as well. I have lived in Florida my whole life and am ready to get somewhere that has 4 seasons and not just year around hot with a few scattered days of kinda chilly each year. The old people and ghetto people here (in north Fl atleast)are terrible..

But good luck with your new surroundings. When the heat index is 110 with high humidity you'll be wishing you were in Tn again..:laugh:

Goodluck with the move. Vero/Sebastian have some nice debug routes.
Get ready for the heat and humidity (its brutal). Full gear is impossible during the summer. As others said watch out for the Qtips, unlicensed, and youths.
I'm planning the move to Tennessee this time next year.

I've yet to see anyone wearing riding gear and not many even wearing helemts. Just yesterday I was heading North on 95 and I was running around 85 in my truck when a guy on a GSXR600/750 passed me like I was standing still. This dude had not helmet on and NO shoes. He had his flip flops stuffed in the back of his pants. I was shocked! I just hate to see people not wearing some sort of PPE and when they're pushing the limits of safety without it I am amazed.

I still don't have the bike down here yet but have hopes of getting it down here next month.

The high temps and humidity aren't just in Florida, trust me. Living my entire life in KY or TN I can tell you that those 110 days with 100% humidty are brutal, but when you add in the fact that KY and TN have ZERO air flow/breezes it sucks. Maybe one day we can make the move out to the West Coast and live all the humidty behind us.

Thanks guys for the "best of luck and wishes" comments.

Are there any organized Busa rides down here or bike night events that are worth going to? I'm bored as hell without my bike and my wife is still in KY for another month. Being a bachelor is ok, but that mixed with no bike and its boring.

Back