Glasses under helmet?

cheferman65

Registered
Does any one use eyeglasses(sunglasses)under their helmet?
What I'm after is a pair with clear lenses for night riding as I like to flip the lid on occasion to let in some extra air. I also have a brain bucket that on rare occasions wear to the grocery store around the block for PM ice cream or Almond M&M runs :laugh:
What brand do you have and where did you purchase? Thanks for any and all help.

I had some cheap sunglasses that I cut off so they wouldn't hit the helmet. Before I cut them, they wouldn't stay in place. Try this with cheapies first cause you just might cut them wrong. I don't use them much since I got the tinted shield but they work really good.

You may want want transition sunglasses they get darker during the day and at night they get clear. My cruiser buddies have them and love them

Intruder.jpg

Kinda a hassle to carry two sets and one usually ends up scratched or broken stored on a bike.

Intruder.jpg

Last edited:
I use oakley flaks that work well. I get a little wearing pressure after about 3 hours of consistent riding, but i feel like i get that with the helmet on or off.

I wear a pair of Costa Del Mars in the day and a pair of clear safety glasses I got at home depot at night .

I have prescription glasses and it's a major PITA to have to switch between prescription sunglasses and regular glasses. I got the HJC helmet with the internal sun visor and it is awesome. One pair of glasses, day or night.

If I'm only riding in the day and I know I'll get home before dark, I have a Joe Rocket Carbon with a tinted shield. Prescription sunglasses are destined to stay in the car now.

And no, I'm not sticking my finger in my eye. Contacts don't work for me.

I have prescription glasses and it's a major PITA to have to switch between prescription sunglasses and regular glasses. I got the HJC helmet with the internal sun visor and it is awesome. One pair of glasses, day or night.

If I'm only riding in the day and I know I'll get home before dark, I have a Joe Rocket Carbon with a tinted shield. Prescription sunglasses are destined to stay in the car now.

And no, I'm not sticking my finger in my eye. Contacts don't work for me.

I feel your pain panda.

I have the scorpion transformer helmet so I lift the face up put my glasses on and then lower the face. No problem with my glasses/sunglasses hitting the inside of the helmet.

The best advice I have ever gotten from this forum was to try contacts. I wear progressive lenses and in the cold they fog up, when I tuck in the frames get in the way of my vision which is real important going over 150 mph. I now wear multi focul contacts only for riding and I can tuck in looking through the stock Busa screen. No more fog problems. With my cruiser I can slip on any pair of Oakly's no expensive perscription lenses. Wearing eye glasses under a tight fitting Shoei was always a hassle.
I can't remember who on the forum gave me this advice, but if he reads this, thanks again, I owe him big time.
Posted via Mobile Device

You may want want transition sunglasses they get darker during the day and at night they get clear. My cruiser buddies have them and love them

View attachment 200040

Kinda a hassle to carry two sets and one usually ends up scratched or broken stored on a bike.

My thoughts exactly! $200 to start for some nice Oakleys. A bit pricey but I have the means and they do look good.

I never ride without sunglasses,not an issue in any way!
The main thing to look for are thin sides, so they slide in easily.Of course you have to have your helmet on first.:whistle:
It may be tricky at first but you will quickly get the hang of it.:beerchug:

my hubbin wear eyeglasses under his helmet and we have them scorpion tranformers helmet with the slide down shade :cheerleader:

I just ordered some off of ebay. I get three sets.. One clear, one yellow and one dark. They say yellow for night riding.. (I'm thinking HUH) but being that they'll stay in my jacket, in my storage or on my face... all three (including shipping) like $30.

check em out here.

I wear this and I love it. It's like it's not even there because of its flat arms. One advantage is I don't have to carry a dark smoke shield.

Back