Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)

thanks for response. Yes to ever existing air filter on my bikes. I'll have a plan for new grommets before cob today. Nice Idea on the tape. Also thinking if stock is days away - maybe remove airbox and link a small piece of flexible electrical conduit to shop vac and try fetching.

Where missing or compromised I don't think the missing grommet would likely be intentional - seems to me panel installs pin into grommet in reasonably less than 90 degree angle and weakest link moves to or toward the inside of the tube.

Think I'll try silicone / then lube hole summat.

NEEDLESS TO SAY!!!
Thank you very much for the great effort, post and interest in helping people out there.
If it wasn't for this I would have not done it alone.
Take care
Safe ride,
brazeagle

Invaluable info, made the first 100 mile oil change almost fun!! Also, I discovered when reattaching the leading edge of the inner panel to the outer cowling don't be hesistant to apply some pressure and they will snap together nicely.

IMG_3103.jpg

Superb tutorial! My first oil change went like a breeze thanks to your information on demounting the fairing! Thanks for the effort!

BB, thank you very much for such an outstanding tutorial. I let my 14 year old loose on the bike and he did it. just awesome!!! it took us 2 hours to do it with numerous breaks in between.
save me 300.00 bucks, well that's what the dealer wanted. and best part, i didn't have any left over clips or bolts......(being a wrench i usuallydo....lol)

Good. Cool working on stuff with your kids. Give my five year old a screw driver and hammer and he could disassemble the world :laugh:

These videos have been very handy in putting my bike back togeither after the accident. I have watched the video a few times, and combed through this topic, but I still seem to have an issue reinstalling the left side fairing. Where the nose meet the fairing on the horizontal joint I can not seem to get the two pieces to pop togeither. They pop togeither just fine for half the seam, but at the nose of the cone I can not get the two togeither like in the video. What could I be doing wrong?Should the top inner gaurd for the nose cone be installed, or does that even matter?

:thumbsup::bowdown: thank you yet again, I used this to help me finally install my 3br cable. hehehehehe YOU ARE AWESOME! thanks again

Cool videos step by step guide. I was able to do it the first time. Stripping to install sliders. Thanks, BB. Btw, I'm from Singapore. :thumbsup::thumbsup::laugh:

does anyone know how to remove the front fairing so that I can remove the headlight and install hid headlights and halos?

Re: Gen2 Hayabusa Fairing Tutorial Videos (w/pics)
does anyone know how to remove the front fairing so that I can remove the headlight and install hid headlights and halos?

Search for front fairing removal and click on jpunishers thread, I just did my hid's and had to remove the entire front thanks to being a bone head and dropping the low beam clamp screw into my headlight:banghead:

Back