gen II o2 sensor

Discussion in 'General Bike Related Topics' started by jumbojimbo, Jun 24, 2012.

1. jumbojimbo

jumbojimbo Registered

just wanted to know where the o2 sensor is actually located in the gen II?

2. Ludicrous Speed

Ludicrous Speed Registered

It plugs in under the clutch cover, and I believe it is in the crossover pipe

3. kromdom

kromdom wannabe HOON Donating Member

Correct-a-mundo :) As you're seated on the bike, the O2 sensor will be near your RIGHT LEG (see pics below). First one shows the connector, the 2nd shows the port on the stock headers)

Attached Files:

4. fallenarch

fallenarch I made fun of the panties, now I have them :( Registered

Another shot of it hanging down. Screws into the hole in the exhaust pipe you can see in the preceding pictures sort of like a spark plug.

Attached Files:

5. jumbojimbo

jumbojimbo Registered

so if its there, its not affected when you put a slip on exhaust correct? how would it mess up the air fuel ratio? sorry for the noob question :lol: but i want to get megaphone style slip ons but dont want to mess up the air to fuel ratio.. I dont have the extra $$ right now for the power commander and the custom map. I know people are saying u really dont need one but i dont really wanna mess up the air to fuel ratio at all. ive been torn about this for a while now.:banghead:

6. kromdom

should be no reason to be anywhere near the O2 sensor when doing slip-ons only. and YES, your bike will run fine with the stock tune after adding slip-ons (hundreds of Busa owners have been doing this , myself included :thumbsup: )

7. jumbojimbo

jumbojimbo Registered

yes i am aware of that my question was if im not doing anything to the o2 sensor how does adding a slip on megaphone exhaust mess with my air fuel ratio?

8. kromdom

not an expert but the stock tune is able to compensate for the slip-ons and will adjust the AFR accordingly. hopefully, guys with more tech experience/knowldge than me will chime in soon.

9. dadofthree

dadofthree Seasoned Beef Donating Member

Not A Mechanic Or A Tuner. Slip-Ons will not significantly affect your tune. The Gen II can handle it.

To your question : Mine is located as indicated in the pix provided, but on my garage floor for the past 4 years :laugh:

10. cheferman65

cheferman65 Registered

Correct, the minimal amount of air flow will be compensated for, it won't be perfect or optimal as if you were tuning it, but close enough.

11. jumbojimbo

jumbojimbo Registered

:thumbsup::thumbsup: thank u very much