Gen. 2 Tight Binding Noise/click Left Handlebar

1UP

Registered
Hey guys, during last season, I periodically experienced a "tight" noise/click while making low speed turns which also felt like a "binding" of something that is felt in the left handlebar. It isn't consistent with every turn I make and I'm unable to easily reproduce the problem but I know it's not normal. I'm experiencing this more often now during the beginning of rides and it goes away after a few minutes of riding. This is quite a vague description but what do you guys think can be causing this?

Additional info that may be irrelevant: lowered fork springs and fork seals have a slow leak.

Could try checking the headstock bearings, upper race and lower race, also the steering damper, take it off and see if that gets rid of it.

Sounds like a the Steering head bearings,
How many miles?

That's low mileage, has the bike been standing for a period of time?
Can you giv any other details or information?

That's low mileage, has the bike been standing for a period of time?
Can you giv any other details or information?
I've owned the bike for the last 6,xxx miles and have only let it sit during the 4 winter months the last 2 years. I can't really think of any other details that I can give. It can only be felt in the left handlebar and only during very slow turns. It will "click/bind" 1 time then go away. I also cannot get it to happen every day.

Jack up the front end, and see if there is a tight spot while turning the bars!

A click under load, could be the left hand brake calliper grabbing the disc or wheel bearing related.
Like gixerhp said, Jack it up and check all the moving components out, brakes en all.

Back