Gen 2 Sprocket Cover Torque Specs?

Couldn't find it in the Holy Book so I cranked it to 10+ nm
Anyone??

(not the sprocket itself - 145nm - but the cover)
10 Nm is ok

remember - all 6mm steel screws at all japs (and germans) get at max. this value of 10 Nm

a fitting / suitable torque wrench is extremely important in terms of the adjustable torque range.
because
I ! myself had the stupidity (twice) of using a Hazet torque wrench with an adjustment range of 15-55 Nm and a 6 screw with its apparently minimum setting value of approx.!! tighten to 10 Nm with 10 Nm.

when I destroyed the thread from the aluminum of the engine block the second time (at another screw), I bought a
"Stahlwille Manoskop 730/2 (1/4")" 4-20Nm (used) and since then I have never messed up a size 6 aluminum internal thread.

Stahlwille%20Manoskop730-2,%204-20Nm_.gif

so much for the right torque wrench !

you can also buy the manoscope used (in good condition) with peace of mind,
fundamentally it can never change / get wrecked ,
because
this type of wrench doesn't contain any springs that could weaken over the years.
so
the "Manoskop" you could leave in the drawer for 30 years , with a setted torque value, even at its maximum, without it becoming inaccurate!

and never forget - the "Wuerth" 6mm time sert repair set (allone) is around 200-240 €
plus all the stress caused by the place of the crashed/damaged thread.

forget the helicoil and co - they all need more "flesh" at/around the crashed thread than the time sert, what sure makes the repair double stressfull til impossible .

Last edited:
Back