GEN 2 Fuse access (pics)

Nominate for Sticky. Made getting those covers off a piece of cake! Now I won't be so nervous when I go for the HID install.

One request: Show wiring diagram to turn off your lowbeam (for HIDs on startup) as I need to do that.

Talk about timing - I am wiring the power for my GPS today thanks much!

Where you going to wire it in then?

I'd like to set up my Autocom on my Busa but dont want to start soldering power supplies in if i can avoid it?

Jza

Great Post 159 !!!

I have been wanting to install my HID's and have been wondering how much of a hassle it was going to be.. You just made it a whole lot easier... :thumbsup: :beerchug::bowdown:

Nice post; thank you!!

I'll bet putting the center plastic back is a treat that must be done exactly. Will be interesting to know if there are any new rattles and if we find conventional ways to overcome them. ( I love the Magical Racing Carbon Fiber Dash surrounds but they (only?) absorb huge sums of $$$$ and add no fuctionality... Sheesh they are beautiful though!!!)

Where you going to wire it in then?

I'd like to set up my Autocom on my Busa but dont want to start soldering power supplies in if i can avoid it?

Jza

I'm not soldiering anything, but I wanted to properly run and tie the wiring. This post helped me follow the OEM harness.

Nice post; thank you!!

I'll bet putting the center plastic back is a treat that must be done exactly. Will be interesting to know if there are any new rattles and if we find conventional ways to overcome them. ( I love the Magical Racing Carbon Fiber Dash surrounds but they (only?) absorb huge sums of $$$$ and add no fuctionality... Sheesh they are beautiful though!!!)

No, it popped right back on when I did it. Clean as a whistle the hard part getting it off.

I'm not soldiering anything, but I wanted to properly run and tie the wiring. This post helped me follow the OEM harness.

Sorry what i mean is - where do you connect you wiring for the GPS unit? I take it your connecting the red power lead somewhere into that box of fuses? Is there a spare connector in there you can use for this purpose that is fused? Before i start soldiering things i wanted to check?

Jza

No, I went straight to the battery posts, didn't want to go thru the system when using the battery tender. No soldiering.

to switch the low beam, all you have to do is pick up a toggle capable of handling the current draw. I had one in my tool box. 20A was plenty.

Just put it between the power from the stock headlight connector and the positive power to the HID.
I used a male blade connectors and plugged them into the stock low beam light connector. (did not want to cut wires)
I did not take pictures (sorry) i did not plan on posting this mod, so many people have negative comments about switching the low beam. I just did not want to hear the BS.

If you really need pics, I will be taking it apart when some more HIDS arrive, I am changing the low beam HID.

BUSA 159, hope you also show us how you do the HID's as good as you did this post!

They really did a good job making fuse access hard. Would not like to do this on the side of a road. Would it have been hard to make an door. Also like the multitude of different fastners just to keep it interesting.

I bought it online years ago and shelved it. It was about $100. They are all over the internet. Audivox makes them.
It works very well for the past year and a half.
Not the easiest install, you need to have some mechanical and electrical knowledge.
Honestly I use the throttle meister more often.
The CC is for open road point A to B when I just want to set it and not worry about the speed varying drastically. It will keep you out of trouble. :whistle:

I also have the throttle meister on mine. I use it as much as i can but i would like to have something that would keep me out of trouble also. The throttle meister works great on flat ground but it can really get away from you if you don't watch it. Thanks again for the post, Doug

I use the cruise control all the time (have the same one as trekkie). 3 years, no problems.

Captain sure could have used this post in Eureka Springs :poke:

I had to do a reset and thought this was PINNED, i could not find it so here it is.

The 08 owners manual can be a little vague when setting up the shift light the first time.
I hope this will clarify the process.

LEFT BUTTON - SELECT ***** RIGHT BUTTON - ADJUST

1. Press and hold the left (SELECT) button.
2. Turn the ignition on, continue to hold the select button down until the instrument panel boots up .
3. Release the select button.
4. Press the right (ADJUST) button one time.
5. A symbol that resembles a lightning bolt will appear.
6. Pressing the right button again will toggle through the shift light settings--- on, flash or off.
7. Press the left (SELECT) button again... one time.
8. Little dots/squares appear - this is the brightness setting for lamp.
9. Press the right button to add more dots - more dots brighter lamp.
10. Press the left (SELECT) button again- tach needle will move to default setting.
11. Press the right (ADJUST) button to move the tach needle to the desired setting.
( 500rpm increments below 8000 rpm, 250rpm increments above 8000 rpm)
12. Press the left (select) button to exit out.

Back