Gen 1 To A 1397 Guess The Hp Difference

I am getting my gen one stroked to a 1397.

it will have 84mm je pistons 13:1
intake cam
.386 Lift/248@.050 Dur. (.005 Lash) HDWB
used carpenter heads off he net. getting them cleaned up.
bored throttle bodies
bigger injectors (not sure the exact size he is using yet)
PC V also

I will try to get more info when it is all together, but it will be on a dyno for a proper tune and I wanted to see what you guys thought the numbers will look like. it will be in a sandrail so two tires on the dyno not one :)

hopefuyllt get this done in the next few weeks.

start guessing and why?

You sure its being stroked to 1397???
Carpenter 1397 w .425 cams will make 220rwhp on a bike,I guess yours with the smaller cams and extra parasitic loss due to 2 big tires would be around 195-200

Sorry guys it's being bored to a 1397 big bore not stroked.
So 84mm pistons and cylinder bore
Cam
Heads
Pc
Bigger injectors
Bored throttle bodies

We will see how she does

You sure its being stroked to 1397???
Carpenter 1397 w .425 cams will make 220rwhp on a bike,I guess yours with the smaller cams and extra parasitic loss due to 2 big tires would be around 195-200

I was thinking of adding a gen2 crank so I believe that makes it a 1441. Do you have any idea the power difference? Is it worth it?

i get 195 hp with 120ft pounds of tq. ive not had any head work done so i got about all i can get out of it without that i think. so some where close to that i would think.

yea i put j/e pistons in it with a brock intake cam on the exhaust side. plus adjustable cam sprockets etc. stuff like that. my friend who did the work degreed the cams and tuned it on his dyno which he had put side by side with schnitz as i recall at one point to make sure he had everything right. that part is over my head though.

1441 made 235hp and 130 and change tq , thats up 8 hp from 1397 and 6lbs of tq
dyno 1441 SAE.jpg

Thats also with new Q3 tire sticking to drum like glue and HV oil gear and HV oil Valve that will take 1 or 2 hp off table

sticking with the 1397. So no gen 2 crank for now. Hopefully it will be done in a few weeks. But yes its hard to deduct the exact hp loss from the cv's, heavy/bigger tires :)

thank you again guys for the replys but I have decided to go the turbo route instead of the big bore. I will be running 10 lbs on race gas with a stock motor. Remember its for a sandrail not a street bike. thanks again everyone.

1397 in my gen 1 Busa. 198rwhp on pump gas. Big difference from stock, but the tune made the biggest impression. Smooth powerband especially tooling around, and when you jump on it; she jumps!

I am getting my gen one stroked to a 1397.

it will have 84mm je pistons 13:1
intake cam
.386 Lift/248@.050 Dur. (.005 Lash) HDWB
used carpenter heads off he net. getting them cleaned up.
bored throttle bodies
bigger injectors (not sure the exact size he is using yet)
PC V also

I will try to get more info when it is all together, but it will be on a dyno for a proper tune and I wanted to see what you guys thought the numbers will look like. it will be in a sandrail so two tires on the dyno not one :)

hopefuyllt get this done in the next few weeks.

start guessing and why?
thank you again guys for the replys but I have decided to go the turbo route instead of the big bore. I will be running 10 lbs on race gas with a stock motor. Remember its for a sandrail not a street bike. thanks again everyone.
do these kinda posts drive anyone else crazy... kid says the wsork was getting done in the next few WEEKS... then abandoned the plan altogether...…. ahhhhh well.... kids and their bright ideas

Back