Gen 1 Petrol Tank, Does 2005 Connect Up To A 2000?

Busa1999-

Registered
Hi All

I've got the remains of a Gen 1 2000 Busa which I've totalled, snapped head-stock, bent forks, petrol tank ripped off, etc, etc, etc! But the motor, wiring loom, injectors are all fine.

I've bought a complete rolling chassis for a Gen 1 2005, which has had the engine, wiring loom etc sold to go in a kit car. So the rolling chassis has practically all the bits I need for a rebuild.... Except... the petrol tank/fuel pumps are different! :banghead:
Does anyone know if the later Gen 1 tanks, with the petrol pump internal to the tank, will fit an earlier Gen 1 bike, with the external petrol pump? Or have they been unhelpful and changed the power/fuel connections?

I've still got a cast on my right hand so can't actually get in the garage to move the wrecked bike around and see what connects where from the tank.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Cheers

You'll have to make a few small changes, but the tank will bolt in fine.
Sorry, I don't have the details, but it's a simple job.

I'm suprised no one has answered.
Fuel pump/filter upgrade is common.
Chrisjp and Busabim have threads on how to fix the early pump/filter problems.

You need a internal tank fuel line, and a fitting from a set of newer throttle bodies.
The fitting is Not available from Suzuki. I do have adapters for the fuel line, but you still need the oem line

Sorry for the delay, the woman has been sick as a dog, and im doing double duty here,,,
here are the pics, the line
and the fitting,, i have both if you need them

How ever you still need to make the old and new work together,, but these 2 parts are a must.
You will need some high pressure fuel line, clamps and skills to make it work. As well some wire skills
So, I need to search eBay for a gen 1 (03-07) starter and gen 2 covers and internals?
Parts for the busa in the U.K. Are a bit pricy, it seems America is a lot more bike friendly.

did you ever find the issue. I am having same problem.

20170618_104656.jpg

20170618_104646.jpg

No worries, thanks for getting back to me :) Hope the Mrs is on the mend.

I'm massively confused about what I'm looking at though! :)
The first pic looks like air/fuel pipe but with an electrical block connector on one end?!
Second pic looks like a change in diameter coupling which can be turned off? Guessing it's for the pressurised fuel line somewhere?

Looking at both pictures I guess the round end of 1st picture could clip on one side of the metal coupling?

Are these all Busa parts or just general auto fuel line parts I can pick up?

No rush if you're busy.
Thanks for your help in advance.

That auction is a 01 and up fuel hose, so yes that is what you need to connect to the pump, then a fitting like i showed you.
The hoses on a 99 and 2000 are NOT the same

Sorry for all the dumb questions but so what is the metal fitting and where does it go?

No that is just a fuel rail adapter. Suzuki does not sell the correct part. It only come with a set of 01 and up throttle bodies

Ok I've googled "Hayabusa fuel rail adaptor" and just "fuel rail adaptor", even looked on USA eBay! But I can't find anything like this adaptor.
Where would I find something like this, or what would I search for?

Ok I've googled "Hayabusa fuel rail adaptor" and just "fuel rail adaptor", even looked on USA eBay! But I can't find anything like this adaptor.
Where would I find something like this, or what would I search for?
I have them, or RCC Turbos

Back