GEN 1 Hesitation/Stumble/Stutter Below 3000 RPM..HELP PLEASE..

Hayabusa133

Registered
Hey Peeps I'm Mark...I live in Trinidad and Tobago (West Indies)..I have a 2006 Limited Edition Hayabusa....with Full Brocks Alien Head Exhaust...Pair Valve removed...small airbox mod....Power Commander V (with Brocks Map Loaded)...NGK Iriadium Plugs...Dynatek Dyna 2000 Ignition system with Two High Performance Dyna Coils...I centered the TPS, which was off center...Syncronised the Throttle bodies...

BIKE STUTTERS AND STUMBLES BELOW 3000RPM....Above 3000RPM Bike runs great....

It seems that everyone with an after market exhaust and did pair valve removal mod and airbox mod is having this same problem....I read some where that there is a Boost by smith interface selling that allows you to connect your stock ECU to a PC and make changes to a part of a Fuel Map that can't be made with the power commander...because the power commander alters some other map that is used from 3000 + RPM...

Am I making any sense??? can any one help me out here???Will that Boost by smith interface help me???

Persons having the same problem solved it by doing the following which I did....

Serviced and synced throttlebodies..
Altered Power Commander Map..
Changed coils..
Centered TPS..

Dyno Tuned...( which I did not do)
Changed Map Sensor...(which i did not Do)
Changed Pick up Coil...(which I did not do)

Patiently awaiting your replies...
Mark R.

I found this on boostbysmith.com - Home

Your Suzuki Hayabusa 02-07 ECU has many racing ECU features built in, just waiting for you to tune. With a Boost by Smith interface you can now utilize your bike to it's full capacity. This includes tuning the vacuum area maps, TPS maps, ignition maps, making your engine run very smoothly when cruising, and put down as much safe hp to the ground as possible. With our interface you can also view engine sensor data to ensure correct operation of vacuum, ambient air, temperature, tps, gear position etc. sensors with a laptop connected. Previously all of this was available only for technical folks with a strong do it yourself ambition but by making this re-flashing interface for you we have tried to bring this new technology to everyone.

I'd be curious to see what the thoughts on this are. I have similar problems that I've been trying to resolve. I also have an 06 LE, Yoshimura RS22 slip on's and marble mod and nothing else. Somewhere around 3800rpm, at a steady throttle, in second gear the motor cuts back as if something is restricting it. The rpm's doesn't drop, just the motor cuts back. If you roll the throttle it goes away. Same thing in 3rd and 4th gear only between 2800rpm and 3200 rpm. I had a Power Commander on it and it has been dyno-ed but still have the same problem so I removed it trying to chase down the problem. I have also cleaned fuel pump, new plugs, reset TPS and wiped out throttle bodies. Its really annoying trying to ride at a constant throttle in those rpm ranges, especially cruising in the mountains, it really jerks around a lot. Just looking for some ideas also.

I had exactly the same symptoms -- the motor would seem to stumble/hesitate right around 3K. I have twobros slip-ons and pretty much nothing else done to it. It happened in all gears, it was just more evident in lower gears where I could feel the torque more. It really sucked because around town between 25 & 35mph, I always seemed to want to be in a gear that would have the engine right around 3K.

I took it to 2 Wheel Dynoworks (Hopefully you have as qualified a tuner near you) and with a tune on the stock ECU he was able to get rid of it for me.

After a few tanks of gas, I wasn't getting the kind of mileage I'd hoped for (He warned me that this might be the case) so I got a used PCIII and brought it back to him to tune. Now I have no stumble and I get roughly 43mpg.

--Sky

Back