Gen 1 down for the count......won't start

Slammin

Registered
Took on a zx10r last .night.....From a stop hit 8k rpm in first and it hesitated then died....got an f1 tried to restar' it turns over easily pump primes....it even triuYes to fire gets the initial spark....02 6k miles k n.air fil yoshi pipes, tre, power commande

My gut says electrical problem - but being an '02 with only 6k gas has had to be sitting in the tank I would think... Maybe fuel was bad enough to clog injectors open or closed... Anyway making sure the fuel is good, tank is clean, fuel is flowing, injectors spray pattern is good, fuel filter etc. is the easiest thing to check first. Then I would start hunting for electical problems. This can be tricky with tre, power commander etc. - Good luck!

Also - air intake / Air filter may be a problem but I don't think that would throw a Injector Idiot Light.

ive been running it for a year....gas tank is an 07 actually lol.....i did the cheat....ckp sensor failure....i laid it on its side last year when i hit a deer...had to get a new stator cover so my gut is telling me the wires are pinched......later tonight im going into the motor :(......pray for my bike lol but atleast i know its not a rod or bearing....

ive been running it for a year....gas tank is an 07 actually lol.....i did the cheat....ckp sensor failure....i laid it on its side last year when i hit a deer...had to get a new stator cover so my gut is telling me the wires are pinched......later tonight im going into the motor :(......pray for my bike lol but atleast i know its not a rod or bearing....

what is this cheat u speak of....ckp?

the wire trick or as stated earlier the paperclip trick....sorry i call it a cheat.....it flashes the code on the gauge cluster c12 i believe is what it flashed its the code for ckp crank positioning sensor

If your bike was running a Ok up to this incident, I'd say check the wire harness for the inside the stator and follow it back. You can check the voltage for the sensor and see if it's in spec. I have no idea what that would be. Atleast you have a starting point. I believe the ECU compares the cam sensor to the crank sensor to ascertain the ignition timing so this could be tricky noodling through with a PC and tre installed. Hopefully just a faullty sensors or wire harness.

did you check to be sure the tip over switch on back of tank bracket is sitting upright? they tab holding it is known to break..

yes..took off stator cover....my stator and the sensor are fried.....:( i need a new stator anyone got one for sale

Ricks Electrics, I will have to search his info. He rebuilt mine cheaper than I could find a new or used one.

Oh yeah after thinking about he replace my stator and rectifier and now its high output whatever that means. For the price of a new or used one.

Back