Gen 1 2005 motor

Jeremy Godo

Registered
I am looking to get 180n to 200 hp out of my generation 1 motor. I was thinking I could have my heads ported and put some hot cams in. that might get me close with a full yoshi eh. and my pc3..
any good builders in california that can help me.

Hey Jeremy,

My friend Dave just had Rodney Williford port his head,add some good cams,etc.(already had Brocks CT exhaust,reflashed ECU,etc.)and made 206 to the rear wheel(and Rodney's dyno is known to be on the stingy side),but that was on a Gen II which starts out about 25-27 more hp than a Gen I.Same mods and done by the right person I'd think you could get in the 180 out of a Gen I.

Good riding with you Sunday bro,if you want to get out and disturb some peace this coming Sunday give me a call.

He(Dave)dropped some pretty serious coin on the bike,don't know exactly how much it was as he bought a new Busa then added BST wheels,McINTOSH swingarm,etc. along with the motor work and dyno time.His builder is well known in the Pro Street circle,only down side is that he's about 3,000 miles away from us(North Carolina,as is Dave)and extremely busy all of the time.:laugh:When you get ready let me know and we'll get you hooked up closer to home,plenty of people out here who can do a head and cam package(but here's Rodney's contact info.).

Williford Racing

Ya,you can definitely get 180rwhp with the right cams and bolt-on's on a Gen1,if you want 200rwhp+,easiest way would be head/cams/1397cc.
Did you get the front end wobble fixed????

Do not just port and cam your bike ! I started out that way with carpenter and was very unhappy . Doing that sent all the power to the top and it was dead on bottom end , Sure it made 197hp on his dyno but it felt like the bike had no balls . I then went back and had the bottom end done into a 1397 and she got all the power from bottom to top . Also Bob Carpenter puts in big cams 425/425 that also added to my lack of bottom end . If I was starting out all over I would do the bottom end first

Not yet! Hopefully by the weekend I will have all the parts to swap out and move foreward. Thx for asking old gixxer!

Thx for your help jeff you rock!

Do not just port and cam your bike ! I started out that way with carpenter and was very unhappy . Doing that sent all the power to the top and it was dead on bottom end , Sure it made 197hp on his dyno but it felt like the bike had no balls . I then went back and had the bottom end done into a 1397 and she got all the power from bottom to top . Also Bob Carpenter puts in big cams 425/425 that also added to my lack of bottom end . If I was starting out all over I would do the bottom end first

Thx for the info. Are you happy with you bike now? What did you spent around about for all the stuff?

Not yet! Hopefully by the weekend I will have all the parts to swap out and move foreward. Thx for asking old gixxer!

Thx for your help jeff you rock!

Come by and get that front tire just in case there's an issue with yours,it's a Michelin Power Supersport with still a lot of life left(I only changed it out 'cause my rear was about gone and I like to replace as a set)and has seen 180+ more than once on my bike with never a hint of wobble.:laugh:Also have a Suzuki Gen I Service Manual you can use as long as you want(that I didn't buy until 2008 for some reason :laugh:),covers all years of Gen I.

Thx for the info. Are you happy with you bike now? What did you spent around about for all the stuff?
You can get a Idea from this Carpenter Racing

Was very happy with it as a 1397 but last winter I went and had it made into a 1441 with Carrillo Rods and a bunch of HD parts so if I was to add up all I have spent on the Motor I would not be so Happy LOL

Carpenter likes to get the HP#s thus the cams are degreed for top-end of the RPM range. As far as I can tell, he hasn't changed since he started way back in the early 2000s. Huge cams and degreed for top-end. For a street bike not so fun unless you gear your bike to help rev it up quicker.

1441 is the only way to make it a fun street bike IMHO. Good headwork, decent cams and correct timing, lots of fun until you ride a turbo bike....... LOL

But seriously, a well built 1441 with attention to details is hard to beat up to 130mph. Put a little bottle and extremely hard to beat.

Carpenter likes to get the HP#s thus the cams are degreed for top-end of the RPM range. As far as I can tell, he hasn't changed since he started way back in the early 2000s. Huge cams and degreed for top-end. For a street bike not so fun unless you gear your bike to help rev it up quicker.

1441 is the only way to make it a fun street bike IMHO. Good headwork, decent cams and correct timing, lots of fun until you ride a turbo bike....... LOL

But seriously, a well built 1441 with attention to details is hard to beat up to 130mph. Put a little bottle and extremely hard to beat.

Right 100% on that , I use Steve Record-Setting Motorcycle Racing Engines | Knecum Performance Engines for my motor work now , he can squeeze the most power out of a motor

^^^Youre bike will be a monster w a 1397 and Bob head/cams. I had that combo on my Gen1 for 4years back in '05....was an absolute beast on the highway

Back