Gearing The Busa For 1k's

busalife2016

Registered
so I've did my research on sprockets and I'm seeing a lot of riders using 17/40-46. I guess my questions is what's a good gearing for the 1k's if your running a roll? I ran one yesterday note* I'm 250 and the bike sits 8" out we were damn near side by side. What's a good gear set up for them? Anything helps! Thanks

So a fyi your bird is 110 pound heavier than a liter bike with same hp , and you just have 20 to 25 more foot pounds of torque on them. Your a big man with added wind DRAG to consider . Stock gen 2 is 18 front 43 rear sprockets .
Not sure what you have now , but a 17 front or a 45 rear will help . do both , and you will be shifting very often . Personally add power , lose weight as going against a light bike / rider combo is hard to beat

So a fyi your bird is 110 pound heavier than a liter bike with same hp , and you just have 20 to 25 more foot pounds of torque on them. Your a big man with added wind DRAG to consider . Stock gen 2 is 18 front 43 rear sprockets .
Not sure what you have now , but a 17 front or a 45 rear will help . do both , and you will be shifting very often . Personally add power , lose weight as going against a light bike / rider combo is hard to beat
Yea I kno I got some weight to lose wife feeds me right lol yea a guy was telling me last night at a meet to do 17 front 45 rear it would be a big jump but would accelerate like no other jus wasn't sure if I should do the rear or both that's why I was asking

Are you roll racing them in same gear as them ? Say 3rd gear ?
Yea well I thought that guy was in third I couldn't tell I kno I was. I took off and we was side by side I started to pull after awhile second time he got me I missed 4th

That's like a pissing in the wind . Ask them if the bird is so slow why it holds so many LSR RECORDS .
A gen 2 bird with pipe / flash and a few aero tweaks ( mirrors removed ) can make 200 mph with a medium to small rider . Not many liter bikes make a 200 mph club without WORK ! I think your just spending time with the wrong group .

Yep it wasn't named the fastest in 99-00 for no reason. But some of those gsxr 1k are right there at 175 hp so a race might not net u a win. But let's ride 300 miles (which I did weekly) and he will be falling way back due to his rest stops haha. At 17/45 I'd easily pull on them, but with a 190/55 rear I'd hit the revs st 170mph. So it's a give and take deal.

That's like a pissing in the wind . Ask them if the bird is so slow why it holds so many LSR RECORDS .
A gen 2 bird with pipe / flash and a few aero tweaks ( mirrors removed ) can make 200 mph with a medium to small rider . Not many liter bikes make a 200 mph club without WORK ! I think your just spending time with the wrong group .
Lol yea C I don't have with the group just some people that meet at the local gas station in downtown okc

New plugs, welded clutch mod, Schnitz quick throttle tube (fking LOVE it), ecu derestricted by frank @ powerhouse, bazzaz zfi, and a kn filter with my yosh 4-2-1 pipe, the bike literally has so much power you can't get it to hook. A gsxr 1k left me at the line running 10 flat at the track, but like what was mentioned earlier, rider/bike weight is tough to beat. Bike was 550ish and I'm 200

Did you know that quickly cutting the throttle and up shifting w/o using the clutch lever makes for slightly faster shifting and is easier on the clutch pack? Doing so also allows a firm grip on the left grip just like the throttle side. A year or so back on my favorite local two lane I spotted four bikes ahead and doing 80 they were pulling away. So I honked it! They were a half mile ahead I'd guess. I went around a Honda 600 and two R6s and then a 2-3 year old R1. As I gained on him and went around I was shifting into 6th. I stayed hammered and they disappeared although the R1 gave it a go. Some corners were coming up and I had such a lead I decided to see if I could maintain it so I did my best. I musta scared them as I managed to get to my favorite rest stop some miles ahead and had been there long enough to take my helmet off and light a cigarette. As they removed their helmets I saw that none of them were over twenty! The R1 rider asked if I was going over 180 when I went around him. I shook my head cause I had no idea! I knew the tach was near 11,000 but that was at a (very) quick glance...:race:

I rode with a very fast R6 once that was flashed and geared and piped and on a roll on in any gear he shot out ahead by several bike lengths until I could reel him in. Weight to power ratio usually wins out, up to a point.

Did you know that quickly cutting the throttle and up shifting w/o using the clutch lever makes for slightly faster shifting and is easier on the clutch pack? Doing so also allows a firm grip on the left grip just like the throttle side.

Or you could get a qs and just twist the throttle. :)

yes air shifter is the way to go over quick shifter

Why is that Mike? I see them run at the track quite a bit but I rarely see an air shifter on street bikes. What's the advantage in the twisties? I've run a qs for years and would never switch for street use.

Back