Gas Mileage

Could ne in my head but I think I got better mileage before I went with the Alienhead. I filled up today and was a little above a half a tank after 70 miles.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yes, performance has it's disadvantages :laugh:

Has everything to do with how you ride. One quick blast of the throttle and your gas mileage is shot in the butt. Riding conservative, the best I ever got was close to 50mpg.

i'm driving 115 miles a day for 5 days a week. i get 210miles a tank before fuel light comes on. i only drive it on C mode as well. on Gen II

i'm driving 115 miles a day for 5 days a week. i get 210miles a tank before fuel light comes on. i only drive it on C mode as well. on Gen II

I ride 120 miles round trip and get 50-52 MPG consistently. Driving in C mode does not effect the MPG unless you are running it up into the high RPM range. There have been many tests on this, to include one done by myself to show that C and A mode are no different in the lower RPM's.

I fill up at 240 miles and put in 4.7 - 4.8 gallons each time twice a week. I take the car on Fridays because we have PT and it is a pain in the ass to ride the bike on PT days.

Each of us love our bike for different reasons. I love mine for many, to include getting 50+ MPG on the super slab or leaned over in the mountains.
Either you need a new calculator, or you're "leaning over in the mountains" at an average 25mph. No way you can get 50mpg out of a Busa going up and down through the gears at speed.

Has everything to do with how you ride. One quick blast of the throttle and your gas mileage is shot in the butt. Riding conservative, the best I ever got was close to 50mpg.
Absolutely true!

bone stock - 45-46ish average prob / got 54 one time and 56 another time, but usually near 45
after brocks and bazzaz - 37-40 usually average, upwards of 43 running down the highway

i will give you a little tip for mpg,use super unleaded like 97 ron fuel,yip its a little more money but overall it works out cheaper, i have tried both over the years over the same roads doing the same style of riding,and super unleaded works out cheaper than regular.....honest

Back