Garage Door Opener.......?

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Heck I already skinned that fish, I got the keychain Harage door opener and mounted it using velcro on the left side on top of resevoir. It is by Genie and it is just a little smaller than the clutch resvoir. Beig that it is black and I used black velcro it actually doesnt look to bad. I will take a picture later and post it.

I can hit the button just outside of my drive way and by the time I get the bike up to the garage the door is already open and I just drive right in. kind of like my bat cave muah ha ha

genie_garage_opener_1775_955125.jpg

That was the trick I'd been using, but I thought this other might look alot cleaner.... Plus I got tired of taking my garage door remote off the bike everytime I went in somewhere. At around $30 bucks a pop I'd hate to have it stolen..... Anyone tried one of these?

Wellll. for anyone that might be interested in the Genie solution, here are some pictures of what mine looks like. I leave mine on all the time except for long rides, at whic point if I am riding all day I dont need it so I just take it off.

Driving back and forth to work and aroudn town, it is so small and kind of blends in it is not that noticble. And if it turns up missing it is easy to reset the garage door to lock the remote out.

The motofx does sound like a slicker solution but for now my solution works and I usually dont fix things if they aint broke.... Here are the pics

garage_door_01.jpg

And here is pic 3 of 3.. Just wanted to provide a few differant angle shots so you can see the size of the opener in relation to the resevoir. Also have had the bike up to 150 with it on and no worries about it coming off

garage_door_03.jpg

Hey Waterbug, what I did was installed a SP/ST momentary button switch on the right side of the bike under the handle bars and the switches have a 12" wire lead running to a standard opener then they are soldered to the switch inside the opener. If you want I can do it to yours just let me know. Just get the switches and I can do the work for nothing. Let me know.

No I did not use the Key chain, it is the full sized remote. The other advantage is you only see two tiny buttons under the handle bar, I have 2 doors! I have done several for others that I ride with already and they love them.

With the motofx you have to mount this...

On your bike and splice it into your existing headlight wiring. Then when you flip the headlight wire it "pushes" the button for you. $74.00. Neat idea but. With a simple relay and a momentary contact switch, OR your turn signal cancel switch wire you can do the same thing w/your current remote.

JD

yeah i just got it a couple of months ago and it was easy as hell to hookup defiinitly a good idea instead of carrying around an opener just remember if you have an old door opener or one with rolling code technology you have to by that $25 piece to run to the wires of the opener and you set the dip switches the same

I'm in......
Thanks for the free offer loboboy! Free is always in my budget..... So, if we can't come up with a knockoff I'll be looking you up.

I'm in......
Thanks for the free offer loboboy! Free is always in my budget..... So, if we can't come up with a knockoff I'll be looking you up.
this way is a lot cheaper, because you already have the opener, at least I have one for each of my vehicles including the bike. In response to " what about someone pushing the button and getting in your garage" well I don't know about you guys but I generally don't leave my bike out in my drive way to where someone can get to it. Another thing, unless they know what the buttons are for it is not an issue.

Hey Loboboy , didnt you jump the garage door openr switch (short circuit)and install a voltage regulator on the input side where the battery is connected of the opener coming from the 12v source using a secondary exterior momentary switch to operate it  ?

Just wonder because you didnt mention anything about a voltage regulator, I thought 12v going st8 through an 9 volt opener would  toasted it.

Voltage regulator installed into an existing garage door openr is only gonna cost you $3 and some time.  Remember to get the correct size voltage regulator for you type of openr most are powered by 9volt battery.

Opps my bad Loboboy I just re- read your post and you are not using your Bike battery for pwring your remote.

<marquee>I got mo time than money!</marquee>

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073682525 -->

Back