Funny story

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
Anyway, I met up with a couple of old friends in Madison for a much needed refresher training that I felt compelled to go to for work. Sooooooo end of day one, we catch a bite to eat, went to a movie, then headed downtown to a nice quiet little pub where we took a corner seat and proceeded to catch up. Mike doesn't drink, so he ended up, at the end of the night, being a designated driver. ALLLLLLLLLLLLL I wanted was one pint of Guinness. That's it. But my other buddy says, "Wanna just get a pitcher?" So, several hours later my buddy and I had went through four pitchers of Guinness and three pints of black and tans. Well, I remember stumbling to the bar and asking the bartender to make us a pitcher of black and tan with Harp, but she didn't have that on tap so she made it with some other nasty tasting ale. After that we switched to pints and just paid for the bottles of Harp. Anyway, my buddy swears it was five pitchers, but I think it was only four.

So anyway, we get back to the hotel about two-thirty in morning, after stopping by Burger King. That was a bad idea. I got to bed about three-thirty and was back up at five-thirty, still drunk I think, taking the most violent crap I have ever had in my life, and was pretty much up from then on. Let me tell you, 8 AM, I was feeling pretty useless and had to sit through another day of training and actually participate in hands on applications. It was a horrendous day.

Anyway, a bit funny, a bit sick. But I wanted to share. I hadn't seen Mike and Alex for probably close to two years. We went through the academy together a loooong time ago and worked together in Milwaukee for several years. It was nice to catch up. A very good time. And I just wanted to share it with my buddies on the board here. It was pretty comical, I guess, watching me weave into the hotel with my overnight bag, a fan, and a large sack of burger king. I called my wife at whatever time it was, close to two-thirty I guess to let her know I was at the hotel safe. She wasn't pleased at the time, but laughed at me in the morning. I tried to play it up like I was fine, but I was pretty hung over. Still drunk maybe? Ugh.

Yeesh.

Jason

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144014084 -->

Back