Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fun time back frm Santa Cruz

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
On my trip coming back from Santa Cruz on Friday, I took the 25 to Holister then on to 198 back home. While I was on 198 I was hitting the twisties pretty good, actually the whole way I was hammering it (to my limited and humble abilities at any rate lol)

Anyway. I am getting close to Coalinga and I am passing cars here and there, but only when I had plenty of room. This one truck actually slowed down a little and pulled over and waved me by, so I went past, waved at him in thanks and hammered it.

So I get to Coalinga, stop at the Chevron, fill up, call the wife, disconnect my video cam from my Busa, go to the ATM, get out $20.00. Clean the visor on my helmet. Get on the bike, cruise across the street to McDonalds. Take my tank bag off, go inside, grab a table and take off my back pack and my jacket and set everything down. Go up and order my food, go fill up my soda, sit at the table took my time eating. Finished eating, slammed a handful of Motrin, put all my gear on, go out to my bike, put the tank bag on and strap it down, plug in the stereo cord into my helmet, found me a good kickin radio station, about to start my Busa up and this guy comes walking up and introduces himself and says "man, that sure is a good looking bike, it looks pretty fast, I am the one driving the truck over there, you past me a ways back" (it was the guy that waved me past, he just drove up)  then he says "that sure looked sweet the way you pulled away from us"

I said thanks (and in my head I am thinking, "how fricken fast was I going, $hit this guy just shows up and I have been here for like 25 minutes).

Oh yeah, and this trip was the first time I ever broke me rear tire loose. Not on purpose mind you.

I have never attempted to take my Busa to its full potential so on occasions I am still left in awe of what it is capable of.

After I left Coalinga I came up to a line of about 10 cars that I wanted to pass and I wanted to get around them quickly, I was already doing like 50mph, so I see a clear shot and commit myself, I dropped about 3 gears and nailed it, the back tire broke loose and I fricken fished tailed the bike. I didn’t freak or anything, I kept on the throttle and she grabbed within a second, but it still kind of shocked me a little. Probably not anymore so than the guy in front of me or the guy behind me if they saw it. Lol

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081665594 -->

banner_Ron.jpg

Yes when it breaks lose it is awesome. When I first extended mine (7"'s) and I had the stock tire. All the way into 3rd gear I could brake it loose. As long as you are alread going forward it will fishtail and then hook up. The first time that it did it, I was like damn. From there on out I was always doing it on purpose. Now it is 5"'s out and I have a shinko/2"'s lowered. The only time it spins is when the tire is cold.

Yeah, I still have stock tires... The scenario was, at the time I broke the tire lose at 50mph, roughly 3200 miles on a stock tire, and I was so worried about lifting the nose, that when I nailed it I was hugging the tank with my face shield almost touching the wind screen lol I guess I over compensated just a tad bit
smile.gif

I still have some decent tread left, but the tire is near the end of its life cycle so I am sure that had a lot to do with it… But like you said, it will still a cool feeling, and I bet it looked wicked to the people behind me muah ha ha..

Thanks for the flashback, thrasher! I was born and raised down there in the Salinas
Valley~ Had many good times in Santa Cruz at the Beach-n-Boardwalk~ Had plenty
in Holister also~ There's a really nice spot around there on the Aroyo Seco River
(not sure I spelled that right, it has been a long time) with some excellent roads to
ride to get there~ I believe it was along Hwy 1, if memory serves me correctly~
I've yet to break my tire loose, myself~ Although, I've noticed I'm gettin a little
more crazier on it as the break in period is coming to a close~ I can see it happening
before too much longer~ I've yet to figure out if I'm taming the beast or if she's
taming me!  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081698695 -->

Top Bottom