Full throttle through 1st & 2nd

How many times full throttle from standing to red line 1st & 2nd gear?

• Almost never

Votes: 173 47.3%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 103 28.1%
  • Often

Votes: 37 10.1%
  • At least once every ride

Votes: 39 10.7%
  • All the time

Votes: 14 3.8%

• Total voters
I usually just roll the throttle as close to full as possable with out the front lifting while feeding it gently untill second gear where it get's to full throttle. Second to third gear pull's on the busa are sweet. It's soo hard not to go fast on these bike's every time you toss a leg over it. It's a bad addiction. The power is amazing.

ehh once in a blue moon.. too much traffic around where I live and the road never runs out of idiot drivers who cant see motorcycles so better to be safe then sorry or even worse.

Can someone please tell me what "WFO" stands for. Thank you

I don't know that I've ever actually went WFO on the throttle in first, but I do lay into it pretty good every now and then, but I honestly don't have too much of an issue with the front end :dunno: When I get into it I usually crouch over the tank, being so tall I probably put a good amount of weight close to the front tire. Second gear WFO is a little less often, but if I get a good back road with no traffic I'll put it close to redline and let her wind back down. I think she maxes at about 110 at redline in 2nd, which I honestly don't think is too ridiculous on a public street so long as you do it in the appropriate place. (110 km of course and theoretically speaking, none of this is real world application). :whistle:

I can't believe some of you haven't opened this bike up in first or second !? I'm still dying to open her up full throttle in 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th :laugh: Haven't done it yet though :mad:

I am fortunate to live where the roads are very long, and very straight. I've never been a twisty kind of guy. I get my rush after 4th gear at W.O.T.:laugh:

SLEEPERBUSA said:
Because I don't like twisties. I like racing. Drag racing, and LSR.
Understand now?

Nope :-) as a road racer I'll never understand a drag racer. :thumbsup: Just messin with ya, I just love the twisties and think everyone should like what I like cause I think it's cool. Lol

The cool thing about road racing is the beginning of every road race is a drag race, with 30 other people, and at the end of the straight away there's a turn that at best 3 to 4 guys fit into. Now that's a good time!!!!

zombie thread back from the dead... haven't gone wfo in second for a couple years. stupid 05 trans.

Back