Full throttle through 1st & 2nd

How many times full throttle from standing to red line 1st & 2nd gear?

• Almost never

Votes: 173 47.3%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 103 28.1%
  • Often

Votes: 37 10.1%
  • At least once every ride

Votes: 39 10.7%
  • All the time

Votes: 14 3.8%

• Total voters
I don't understand why so many people here haven't really opened up their bikes. Seems like a lot of you would be happier with a Ninja 250 or something like that. You might as well have a billion dollars and never spend it....just saying...:poke:

I don't understand why so many people here haven't really opened up their bikes. Seems like a lot of you would be happier with a Ninja 250 or something like that. You might as well have a billion dollars and never spend it....just saying...:poke:

Not all of us have to prove something. Besides, why do I want to endanger my own life or the lives of others for a "thrill"? You may not be aware of it, but these bikes are capable of riding far as well as fast...just saying...

Not all of us have to prove something. Besides, why do I want to endanger my own life or the lives of others for a "thrill"? You may not be aware of it, but these bikes are capable of riding far as well as fast...just saying...

You are right in a way, but psychologically the reason we all ride Busa's is because the risk gives a "thrill". People who don't like any risk in their lives, don't ride motorcycles, period.

Personally I have no problem admitting that I simply don't have the skills to use the full power of my bike in the first two gears and the little time I get to ride, I rather enjoy the country than going out practicing drag racing.

You are right in a way, but psychologically the reason we all ride Busa's is because the risk gives a "thrill". People who don't like any risk in their lives, don't ride motorcycles, period.

Personally I have no problem admitting that I simply don't have the skills to use the full power of my bike in the first two gears and the little time I get to ride, I rather enjoy the country than going out practicing drag racing.

There are other bikes that are slower and better at touring. If you bought this bike for the touring aspect and NOT the power aspect, you are fooling someone and it isn't me. I love the acceleration these bikes have and I'll take every opportunity given to use it. Sometimes I don't get an opportunity, other times I get a couple :cheerleader:

Slep_Rock that sucks dude, that's why I'm afraid to open her up passed first or second gear. If you wind her up in second and then just let off, she engine brakes pretty quickly. I need a trip to Nevada where there aren't any bushes to hide behind :laugh: :rulez:

I would love to go to an LSR, but probably not any time soon.

There are other bikes that are slower and better at touring. If you bought this bike for the touring aspect and NOT the power aspect, you are fooling someone and it isn't me. .

I may have bought an FJR if I could have found one in the price range of my Busa. Even after adding comfort pieces I'm still way under what an FJ would've run me.

That being said the Busa does fit my frame and build quite well; 6'2" with long arms and about 195lbs.

There are other bikes that are slower and better at touring. If you bought this bike for the touring aspect and NOT the power aspect, you are fooling someone and it isn't me. I love the acceleration these bikes have and I'll take every opportunity given to use it. Sometimes I don't get an opportunity, other times I get a couple :cheerleader:

Yep, there are other bikes that are slower and better at touring, check my sig. Nothing l have ever riden though is as nice as a Busa.

Ever riden a 600 keeping the RPM above 11,000 al the time? I don't think it is any safer than a Busa.

I may have bought an FJR if I could have found one in the price range of my Busa. Even after adding comfort pieces I'm still way under what an FJ would've run me.

That being said the Busa does fit my frame and build quite well; 6'2" with long arms and about 195lbs.

I feel your pain man, the main reason I bought the Busa was because I fit. In all honesty, if I fit a 600 or 750 better I would have probably opted for that, but at 6'8" with a 38" inseam it was just a bad fit.

Yep, there are other bikes that are slower and better at touring, check my sig. Nothing l have ever riden though is as nice as a Busa.

Ever riden a 600 keeping the RPM above 11,000 al the time? I don't think it is any safer than a Busa.

My post was more directed at I love my wife, I just don't see someone buying this bike without being attracted to its power. Guess I never really thought about the price option of a busa compared to other tourers - that makes sense. Unfortunately, I've never ridden on another SS bike, but I wish I could. Around here, there are no test rides and when the demo days come around you have to be 25 y/o or older, regardless of experience (I don't know anyone who rides so that is a mute point). :beerchug:

I have to admit though, I'm a thrill seeker, so having this much power and not using it is almost unbearable.

i see some many people say basically the same thing...we all love the power,speed that this bike has. why else would we buy it, do we need to rip 1st and 2nd gear...no do some of up enjoy pushing the bike to the edge in first and second yes. That doesn't mean we don't respect this bike, it demands you to or else bad thinks happen....goes for any bike. As for me, yes i do it here and there but i enjoy rolling on in 3rd much better as i do it more of the time...ya know rolling away from other bikes on highway :laugh:

I don't do it often. Saves me a bit of tire / sprocket / chain wear. It is also hard to keep the front down in first 3 gears.

There's usually a right place somewhere within reach to test your limits, if you wish to do so...if not then I would certainly respect that choice.

Obviously any drag stripI might test my limits. I'm talking street riding, RPM's in the red.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guess I never really thought about the price option of a busa compared to other tourers - that makes sense. Unfortunately, I've never ridden on another SS bike, but I wish I could. Around here, there are no test rides and when the demo days come around you have to be 25 y/o or older, regardless of experience (I don't know anyone who rides so that is a mute point). :beerchug:

IMHO, once you are used to riding a Busa, you will be disappointed in anything else you ride. The first few rides on something else may be great, but after a few trips including all kinds of riding, long distance as well, you will realize that the Busa is king.

IMHO, once you are used to riding a Busa, you will be disappointed in anything else you ride. The first few rides on something else may be great, but after a few trips including all kinds of riding, long distance as well, you will realize that the Busa is king.

That's how I think about my bike the BKing. I haven't had a chance to ride ANY OTHER bike (well a Harley Softail) to compare, but I figure if it is slower, why would I want it? I can go WFO in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th (rev limiter) and it is fairly quick. Plus I can ride for the first two hours drug free. Then after two hours I have to take Vicoden as my legs really start hurting. But that is really my legs (bad veins etc) not the bike:banghead:. But once I take a 10mg Vicoden:bowdown:, I'm good for another three hours. I also know I'm not as fast as the 1000cc bikes as the owners weight less than me. I'm 6'2" and 330 ready to ride, which really holds the king back. But on any less powerful bike I'd be that much slower! So, I take all the speed thrills I can, now if I could lose 80 lbs I'd be a lot quicker!:thumbsup:

Was with my dad and his buddies (cruisers) and they always say thier mileage always sucks when I ride with them. I always Try to get them to triple digit.

Coming back and some back roads from the beach and decided to goat them a little down shift into second and then into third just pass my dad as the rev limiter kicks in.. what the.. thought something was wrong with my bike. Thinking no way I Maxed out. Look down at 150.
Doesn't feel that fast passing someone doing 110.

We pulled over and he told me I finally got him to go wide open. I smiled and told him I had 3 more gears.

Sent from 1996 using my Nokia 5190

Back