Full throttle through 1st & 2nd

How many times full throttle from standing to red line 1st & 2nd gear?

• Almost never

Votes: 173 47.3%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 103 28.1%
  • Often

Votes: 37 10.1%
  • At least once every ride

Votes: 39 10.7%
  • All the time

Votes: 14 3.8%

• Total voters
Absolutely no reason to pin that throttle back fully.

Full throttle is Suicide, in any gear...That's my opinion.

Then there would be no need for Nitros or turbo either if you're not using full throttle...just sayin

There's usually a right place somewhere within reach to test your limits, if you wish to do so...if not then I would certainly respect that choice.

Is that 95 in first gear?

Amazing regardless :beerchug: We drive absolutely amazing machines, pure beast

I hear that Busa has a +1 front sprocket. :laugh: Add that to the 10% these speedo's are off. Still able to get a speeding ticket on the interstate in 1st gear :)

My power band is at 10rpm tuned with my Pc3.So thats why i seldom go to the read line

Seeing as how I've just about completed the engines break in and this thread popped up, I thought I'd give it a bit to see what happens. I loaded up the front, grabbed a fistful (but doubt it was full throttle) until the front was skipping and held it at that point. I was through 140 (90 mph) before I knew it! I don't know if its because I have removed the restriction, but it seemed to be faster than the published figures I've seen.

I can't see myself doing that very often on the road. :whistle:

I go WFO in 2nd, 3rd and 4th. 5th and 6th I don't as it is going to fast.
WFO in first is tough as I have to get used to hanging on with my legs and not strong arming the handle bars. Soon I will be WFO in first, it just will take me about 2 more months.:cheerleader:

I am surprised at the responses so far, especially considering the other thread asking how many have been faster than 150 - ironically enough something I am yet to achieve.

I am surprised at the responses so far, especially considering the other thread asking how many have been faster than 150 - ironically enough something I am yet to achieve.

Seems folks like to ease up to the top end :laugh:

I've rolled onto full throttle in 3rd a few times. Its scary how quick that gear redlines. I'm currently hunting a spot to redline something more than 3rd. It takes a lot of space and I don't feel like riding to Nevada.

It also depends at what altitude you ride at...I live and ride mostly above 5000 feet....
Here i can slide out the clutch and go to full throttle in first....very easy.. and only one time did i hold the throttle pinned and speed shifted into 2nd....waaaaaay too violent on the drivetrain....so never again. So i back off the gas for a split second and engage 2nd and re-pinnit without wheelie......Ok now--lets go to sea level [been there too]...I we cannot use full throttle in first with a hard launch... it will flip over backwards......so you modulate just enough with clutch and throttle.....and once you get near redline i can shift [like i said above] into second and fully pinnit....eeehaaa. Ps this month....is my 10 year anniversery with my 2001 Busa...and soon to be 60....and i do ride it pretty hard most of the time. .... I am abit surprised that so many who have never been WFO.......I have been on the revlimiter so many times [sure glad it has one] in every gear except 6th gear... stock gearing in 5th is a true GPS 176 mph....many times and what rush. :laugh:

Back