Fueling Question

card16969

Registered
Ok so I am building my turbo system on my 1st gen and I was wondering with the propper fuel pump etc and turbo if you upgrade the injectors and fuel rail running a power commander 3usb and a 3bar sensor how much power can you achieve by using the stock injector location before needing to go to a 2nd set of injectors? I know that internals limit power etc but without those factors I am wondering how much power you can make just off of the 4 stock injector locations by upgrading the componets?

smithabusa Murderedout07 POWERHOUSE Johnnycheese GIXERHP are just a few members you could ask

smithabusa Murderedout07 POWERHOUSE Johnnycheese GIXERHP are just a few members you could ask

Who's murderedout?

You can use 4 injectors for 800hp if you want, but the problem is having an ecu that can drive them.

A better way to assist you is to ask what kind of power are you looking to make?

I have been piecing together a kit and have managed to get some really good deals on really good componets and am going to put the system together and ride this season on stock internals and low boost and then build my internals and do everything interally right so I dont have any worries for the most part. But I am looking for final number 300-400 ish hp. Bike will be a daily rider and will not be used for drag racing but some occasional roll ons with friends. A friend who turbo'd his bike last year was talking about a 2nd gen head, injection and computer swap to be able to ecu tune everything and that has been a thought now when I do my build next year. So far I have ....
Gt30r turbo
Turbo header rcc
Fuel pump rcc 700hp
Fuel pressure regulator 1:1
Fuel filter
Up pipe
Exhaust and wastegate dump tubes
TMH Liquid to air intercooled Plenum and heat exchanger
HKS BOV
PC3 and 3 bar sensor
550 injectors

In my opinion you really need secondaries, or convert over to a stand alone ecu.

The pc3 and with hub and 3bar works ok for low boost 10psi or less. Theyre questionable above that.

Completely understandable, thats why I asked. so from my understanding stock internals can run 7psi correct? Would it be ok to run intercooled for 1 season at 7psi on stock internals with the pc3 and 3bar to get used to boost till I build the motor next year?

Its going to depend if you can ECU edit the injector scalings but without doing so we regularly fit 60lb injectors into a PC5 with a map sensor & on a road going bike can get that to early 400's & still be nice to start & ride. If you wind the fuel pressure further for racing applications you can go to over 500 with them but as with fitting bigger injectors the startup & pumper will deteriorate the quality of the job so its to be avoided for road.

8 injector is much nicer but equally has the risk of a secondary not working & you not knowing till its too late.

Completely understandable, thats why I asked. so from my understanding stock internals can run 7psi correct? Would it be ok to run intercooled for 1 season at 7psi on stock internals with the pc3 and 3bar to get used to boost till I build the motor next year?

Yes it's fine. The intercooler isn't going to make things any safer at that point, but I understand only having to fab things once.

The PCIIIusb and Hub using a map sensor works really good, better than the PCV setup imho. You can easily go 20+ pounds of boost with it. On a stock motor you can make 300, which will be around 15 pounds, but you would have to use race fuel and make the proper mods to the ecu bin not only for injector compensation, but timing as well. On pump, do not go over 8 pounds, you do so at your own (and your engine's) risk . . .

The PCIIIusb and Hub using a map sensor works really good, better than the PCV setup imho. You can easily go 20+ pounds of boost with it. On a stock motor you can make 300, which will be around 15 pounds, but you would have to use race fuel and make the proper mods to the ecu bin not only for injector compensation, but timing as well. On pump, do not go over 8 pounds, you do so at your own (and your engine's) risk . . .

That helps me a lot thank you very much. 8lbs is the answer to my next question of how much boost i can run lol. I just picked up a set of je 8 to 1 pistons and adjustable cam sprockets as well to help with things. I know to properly do internals i also need a cam chain, oil pump gear, cylinder studs, base plate spacer and head gasket (what size do you recommend?), h beam rods, back cut trans and appropriate clutch. What else needs to be done internally for a propper build?

I am anal retentive about doing things right so i am trying to learn as much as i can before putting this all together. Im not into drag racing but do enjoy roll ons with friends and some friends have become internet sensations for their turbo busas like a certain buddy and his 425hp busa and his videos of him racing some 1200hp gtr's and lambos haha.

That helps me a lot thank you very much. 8lbs is the answer to my next question of how much boost i can run lol. I just picked up a set of je 8 to 1 pistons and adjustable cam sprockets as well to help with things. I know to properly do internals i also need a cam chain, oil pump gear, cylinder studs, base plate spacer and head gasket (what size do you recommend?), h beam rods, back cut trans and appropriate clutch. What else needs to be done internally for a propper build?

I am anal retentive about doing things right so i am trying to learn as much as i can before putting this all together. Im not into drag racing but do enjoy roll ons with friends and some friends have become internet sensations for their turbo busas like a certain buddy and his 425hp busa and his videos of him racing some 1200hp gtr's and lambos haha.

ARP cylinder studs are better than APE Pro Mod studs; base spacer plate .080", with the JEs use the oem head gasket, Robinson high output oil pump gear, Carrillo H beams, undercut trans with Robinson heavy duty output shaft, at 8 lbs boost you will be good with clutch springs and either welded or Brock clutch mod. POWERHOUSE has everything in stock for builds like this.

Back