Fuel Regulator Question

wdonovan

Registered
Greetings. Don't own an entire busa but I have a race car with a 2002 engine and need to know about the fuel regulator.
This mod forum seemed to be the most likely place to get experienced answers, even though this is not about a mod per se.

I understand that Busa had 2 different fuel regulating systems, depending on year. One had a vacuum reference line on the reg, one didn't. The manual I DL'd is supposedly for 1997 - 2007 and shows sketches of the vac referenced system. I am suspicious that in 2002, they had already switched to an in-tank pump but don't know if the regulator is part of the pump assembly. From pics I see of the in tank unit, there is only one outlet pipe, presumably the feed pipe. What I don't know is if there is an external regulator in this setup or if pressure regulation is done inside the tank.

My setup has an aftermarket external pump and aftermarket external regulator. The regulator has a vac port but I need to know if it must be connected to the manifold or vented. It is at present, just open (inside the engine compartment) and if the diaphragm ruptures, it can flood the car with fuel. I don't want this. I can run a puke tube but if tech sees a possible fuel vent line aiming toward the race track they will get mean.

So... for a 2002, vacuum line or no vacuum line. Thanks.

For in tank pumps the regulator snaps into the fuel filter which is part of the pump and sender assemblies

Thanks again E. That's all I need to know. Now just have to figure out cleanest way to address it.

Back